Archived In Today's News: Revamped Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a cross of the grocery sections of the Fred Meyers and Albertsons near me. I'm not really sure if I like the look, but maybe seeing actual pictures vs the drawing are better.

"Let's dump more money into anything but hours, because staffing the stores properly so that product is actually on the shelves is not a priority!"
If I remember right part of the 7 billion target got was used towards adding over 1.5 million hours back into our stores.

Remodeling a third of their stores by October just for a 2%-4% increase in sales? Seems like more money will be spent than made.
Grocery is pretty much the last hope for brick and mortar retailers. With online sales pretty much everything can delivered. Food can be too, but not as easily as non food items.

This is a long term investment.

I wonder if stores that already have two entrances will be first in line for this, or if it will work better at single-entrance stores that have grocery all the way at the other side from the existing entrance.

ANOTHER remodel? Aren't a lot of stores already made all fancy? What was wrong with that layout?

I wonder if stores that already have two entrances will be first in line for this, or if it will work better at single-entrance stores that have grocery all the way at the other side from the existing entrance.
Probably more likely that higher performing stores will see this first. While I'm sure there will be a mix of current two door stores in the initial remodel roll out, for the most part those stores didn't perform well enough in the past to get the full one door remodel.

As a side note: About a month ago there was a rumor of a store in my district that does about $65 million in sales getting a full remodel. Among the details I heard were the entire salesfloor would be redone, with entire departments moving around, food ave would be replaced completely with Starbucks, the service desk and registers would also be moved. No mention of the time of adding another door (the store previously had two doors). It was odd at the time considering this store had already received three remodels in the last 12 years.

Probably more likely that higher performing stores will see this first. While I'm sure there will be a mix of current two door stores in the initial remodel roll out, for the most part those stores didn't perform well enough in the past to get the full one door remodel.

As a side note: About a month ago there was a rumor of a store in my district that does about $65 million in sales getting a full remodel. Among the details I heard were the entire salesfloor would be redone, with entire departments moving around, food ave would be replaced completely with Starbucks, the service desk and registers would also be moved. No mention of the time of adding another door (the store previously had two doors). It was odd at the time considering this store had already received three remodels in the last 12 years.

Yeah I feel like mine would be in the earlier phases since we already have two doors

I like that Brian said "We have some stores that have gone 10 years without a remodel"... Uhh there are stores that have gone MUCH longer than that without remodels. I know of some nearby that still have green, yellow, and blue worlds and are 60M+ stores!

The dual entrance works just fine at my store, and we've jumped back and forth between B and A volumes since the pfresh remodel. I don't see why they would remove an entrance as a reward for doing well.

We have two entrances and one of them is immediately next to grocery. I really hope they don't do something stupid with us.

where????? not here I can tell you that
Well I heard a good chunk of the 7 billion borrowed is going to the north Dallas/East Texas markets. But the hours will show up. Flex hours no longer can be lost, but can be gained. The only problem is that with all of these things happening, target will need to see an improvement in sales to reflect more man hours. Otherwise they will take hours away

Ro
Not a lot when you divide that by 1,800 or so stores.
Roughly 800+ hours on average per store. That is pretty substantial, not sure if that is a month or what. Those hours can go along way instead of hearing of oh we have to cut 100+ hours cause we missed sales by $1000.

Ro

Roughly 800+ hours on average per store. That is pretty substantial, not sure if that is a month or what. Those hours can go along way instead of hearing of oh we have to cut 100+ hours cause we missed sales by $1000.
Comes out to about 2.4 hours extra a day per store. Sure it could help but the results would be minimal.

instead of dolling up the salesfloor and entrances even more... why not downsize areas that don't comp as much... really, how much of our business is generated by bicycles?!... take back this square footage and add it to the backroom and ramp up SFS stores to better generate online sales and capability. That would be a much better long term investment. it is almost impossible to compete with walmart and aldis low priced food. grocery is a losing battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back