Archived Incidents and Lawyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever received a letter from a lawyer for a guest incident? I was a witness and this one happened over two years ago. I called the store and they said "just bring it in, corp handles all of it; so don't worry about it." Just found it strange; I can vaguely remember what happened.

The person who is alleged to be injured has probably filed a claim against Target. Since you were a witness, they want to take your statement (deposition) about what you saw. Not all that big of a deal. Just give it to HR and they can forward it to legal. If you are deposed, it would be you, the attorney representing Target, the attorney representing the other party, and a court reporter. Mostly the other person's attorney will ask you questions about what you saw.

Hmp... I read it wrong. It's actually Target's lawyers who contacted me. I'm probably not of any help to either party as I don't remember much about it. I don't think I was even in view; I just heard something crashing down and the guest going "Ow!'

Thanks!

Does Target's lawyers hire private investigators that come to TMs' residences?? My ETLs said this was all supposed to be handled in store and on the clock. They reiterated this today when I called after I got a call from my apartment building saying some dude was there for me saying he's from Target. He called me after saying he was hired by Target's lawyera. I also called TMSC and left a message. Am I right to be freaked out?

It SHOULD be handled at the store and on the clock.
Suggests maybe it's the other party's investigator ir attorney. What creeps me out is that they came to your residence. Definitely do not talk to the man outside of the store to be safe and ensure you're compensated for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back