Archived Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Has anyone who has ever worked for Target ever been terminated while on workman's compensation. Or does Target really work with their team members to assist them so they can return to total health so they can eventualy resume their position and have the ability to be at your maximum potential within your posiion?

You have to be in good communication with Target while hurt. If after 12 weeks you can't return to work then Target does their best as long as your in communication to keep you employed but no pay and can't work until your cleared. If you get to this part then it's best to quit and move on to a job you'd be able to do.

You have to be in good communication with Target while hurt. If after 12 weeks you can't return to work then Target does their best as long as your in communication to keep you employed but no pay and can't work until your cleared. If you get to this part then it's best to quit and move on to a job you'd be able to do.

So Target's own policy supercedes State and Federal laws.
🤔

So Target's own policy supercedes State and Federal laws.
🤔
I also thought the law said WC has to pay medical bills until the injury is healed, not a 12 week cap. That would be great incentive for a company to stall and push a needed corrective surgery to week 13.

Unless you want to share then take what is given to you

I should look up the laws of each state for you? Do you realize how ignorant your reply sounds? Why would you even believe that an employer can put into place rules that don't comply with the law?

So an employee who is seriously injured and ends up in a coma for weeks or needs more extensive therapy/rehab is just cut off after 12 weeks?? Seriously.

Now Target may have the expectation that the typical injury should be resolved in 12 weeks or less and may exercise their right to send an employee for an IME. That's different than just cutting someone.

How about you back up YOUR statement!

Just to support my position, here's info for IA.
"Once benefits start, the payments shall be terminated only when the employee has returned to work, or upon thirty days notice stating the reason for the termination and advising the employee of the right to file a claim with the workers' compensation commissioner. (85.30, 86.13)"

Last edited:
Exactly. A ladder breaks and someone falls and hits something vital and three months later there's still a lot of medical intervention to fix the vital part. Target can't just say "12 weeks, we're no longer paying for that implanted drain that needs another 6 weeks to fix you" or whatever.

Target cannot limit workers compensation rights nor limit the financial responsibilities that entails if they are found at fault. The 12 week thing is a smokescreen where they reevaluate your condition. They cannot legally push you out by a set deadline but trust me they will find ways to do it aka attendence, metrics etc.

The 12 weeks is instituted so they are not in a situation where you claim that you cannot do any particular task, for any department, in perpetuity. In some states you can file an injury claim a year after the adjoining incident and within five years if secondary complications arise from the initial injury.

I had an injury through a different company that got messed around with for three years with various delaying tactics on their part. I had one team member who actually sued Target to get a settlement because they were giving her the run around.

If Target does fully fund their workers compensation, penny for penny, rather than through a direct insurance carrier, they are still held to state worker compensation laws. They are required to have workers compensation in all but in a couple of states. Target will just be more vigorous in denying everything but worker comp adjuncts can step in. That is why it is important when you first get hurt to go to a doctor of your preference or that is impartial. The doctors in worker comp cases are some of the scummiest around.

Ironically enough, with worker comp doctors being so disingenuous it is not unusual for companies to fully finance their workers comp division. They not only need to worry about workers being dishonest about their injuries but with doctors who only have loyalty to the worker comp insurance companies themselves. There is a reason why work injury clinics churn out so much volume. It was not unusual even with my concerns about my injury where my doctor's visit were less than two minutes long. I could have cut out a ton of needless visits and we could have actually try and solve the injury I had and not treat it like a "boo boo". It was ridiculous as not only was the company not interested in helping alleviate my injury, but also the workers comp insurance company and the doctors' that "I had to visit" to keep me in compliance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back