Archived Instock Team Going Away in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness what a nightmare that was... Four people to attempt to full on research the entire store wasn't too successful. Only made it about a third of the way through softlines! I've been trying to explain to my ETL that we need more people on the instocks team... hopefully he understands now!

Softlines is supposed to be done by the Merchandising Brand Team Member

The rollout info said it would no longer work. I had thought it would be smart to be able to separate them, too. Scans go SOOOO much faster when the 100+ RIGs are already done. Just wondering how (or IF) those of you getting through your list (ours was over 650 tasks today) are doing this while waiting for backstock and challenge to be completed and if you are checking your backroom to see which areas have red backroom location accuracy.

You should not have to wait for your back room to be done with the back stock in any area any more. There are filters in place where anything received within the last 24 hours I believe, if you change the counts on these items which normally would have resulted in a drastic count (if it was not back stock'd for example) will not do that anymore and that is what the rescan day is for so by then your truck should be fully back stock'd other wise after the 24 hours then yes it would flag as a drastic count. There is no more area specific research days any more and you also do not have to wait for an area to be fully backstock'd anymore, just fully pushed. Your late night/early morning logistics team should switch up areas thru the week to get fully pushed first so then that way an area of the store is not being "ignored" more than others. Hope this helps a little, any questions please feel free to ask!

You should not have to wait for your back room to be done with the back stock in any area any more. There are filters in place where anything received within the last 24 hours I believe, if you change the counts on these items which normally would have resulted in a drastic count (if it was not back stock'd for example) will not do that anymore and that is what the rescan day is for so by then your truck should be fully back stock'd other wise after the 24 hours then yes it would flag as a drastic count. There is no more area specific research days any more and you also do not have to wait for an area to be fully backstock'd anymore, just fully pushed. Your late night/early morning logistics team should switch up areas thru the week to get fully pushed first so then that way an area of the store is not being "ignored" more than others. Hope this helps a little, any questions please feel free to ask!

BP says push, reshop, backstock and challenge should be complete. No research in any area that has a red backroom location accuracy. The zone should be "good" also.

BP says push, reshop, backstock and challenge should be complete. No research in any area that has a red backroom location accuracy. The zone should be "good" also.

Think about this BP in terms of product flow and reporting... not so much if it hurts your OH numbers or not... Sure the filters will guard it if the backstock isn't done and you do RSCH on the area... but your RSCH with locs % won't be accurate because if there were mistakes with the push from that morning, and all the backstock is sitting in the BR, the scans won't pull it back out and go onto that metric... If it were done everytime you scanned, you could more accurately see what areas were problems! Hopefully that makes sense...

So it's almost been a month since the new process rolled out in our district. How's it going for everyone so far? We've been coming in earlier now in order to finish the task list on time but with 600+ tasks it's been very difficult. There were days when we just had to skip half a department and before softlines went mpg we haven't really been giving it the proper scan it deserves. I'm seriously dreading scanning back to school. I saw the plano team setting it today and I just wanted to throw my PDA on the ground.

So it's almost been a month since the new process rolled out in our district. How's it going for everyone so far? We've been coming in earlier now in order to finish the task list on time but with 600+ tasks it's been very difficult. There were days when we just had to skip half a department and before softlines went mpg we haven't really been giving it the proper scan it deserves. I'm seriously dreading scanning back to school. I saw the plano team setting it today and I just wanted to throw my PDA on the ground.

It seems to going faster than the old system. But then, we just hired faster, but "conscientious" people. The number of tasks seem to be about the same, though (about 500). We are spending more time in softlines, too.

We have no more than 90 RIGS a day. The number of research tasks is about the same as it should be. After all, that is the number of available aisles and tables that need to be research. Therefore, there shouldn't be a change there.

One problem I have is the inability to divide hardlines from softlines. For example, we had about three or four dedicated softlines scanning (it was softlines scanning day) but only two for hardlines. I t would be easier if the tasks were divided just for harlines and softlines scans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back