Archived Instocks Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently asked to learn instocks, but given no training shift, just shadowed a tm for a couple hours. Went over RIGS, research, as well as how to pull batches. I figured I'd get more time on instocks WITH another tm or the TL. Now, without any training other than those brief few hours over a week ago, next week I have two full shifts in instocks BY MYSELF. I'm scared. I hear leaders calling for the instocks TMs every couple minutes, especially our STL. Can anyone give me a breakdown of what I'll need to get done in a day? The guides seem a bit outdated...

I was recently asked to learn instocks, but given no training shift, just shadowed a tm for a couple hours. Went over RIGS, research, as well as how to pull batches. I figured I'd get more time on instocks WITH another tm or the TL. Now, without any training other than those brief few hours over a week ago, next week I have two full shifts in instocks BY MYSELF. I'm scared. I hear leaders calling for the instocks TMs every couple minutes, especially our STL. Can anyone give me a breakdown of what I'll need to get done in a day? The guides seem a bit outdated...
It's easy, do the RIGs, the list is on the myDevice under the research function.

Go pull those batches you just created from doing the list. You didn't mention pushing them, but we do that at my store.

Then it's time to research outs: go under the research function again and scan empty spaces, making sure that the 'out' is properly zoned before scanning it. Either your store has a daily routine of which section to scan or just ask the LOD on where they would like you to scan. When you scan an out that has located merchandise in the back, you'll notice a that a batch gets created on the myDevice, represented by a blue dot. When you finish a section, tap that blue dot and close the batch, pull, push, repeat.

Last edited:
Or, if you're at my store you scan a part of an aisle and get called to backup. You get off the lane and then you clear a call box and help the guest because the probably one salesfloor tm is on backup. Then you help the operator with a visual. You finally get a minute so you head back to where you left off only to be tracked down by several guests for help. They call for a smart huddle so you help push that while your own push sits someplace. And in all this are breaks and a lunch.

How they get any actual instocks work done is a miracle. Our instocks people are amazingly patient because they are called on over the walkie as much as the lod. How they don't quit in a rage every day is beyond me.

Or, if you're at my store you scan a part of an aisle and get called to backup. You get off the lane and then you clear a call box and help the guest because the probably one salesfloor tm is on backup. Then you help the operator with a visual. You finally get a minute so you head back to where you left off only to be tracked down by several guests for help. They call for a smart huddle so you help push that while your own push sits someplace. And in all this are breaks and a lunch.

How they get any actual instocks work done is a miracle. Our instocks people are amazingly patient because they are called on over the walkie as much as the lod. How they don't quit in a rage every day is beyond me.

I get coffee bought for me most days since pushing freight for 8hrs isn't really my job but that is what it has boiled down to. Rigs? Well if I get working equipment I might get some of it done.. But lately just push the truck since flow can't get it done..

I get coffee bought for me most days since pushing freight for 8hrs isn't really my job but that is what it has boiled down to. Rigs? Well if I get working equipment I might get some of it done.. But lately just push the truck since flow can't get it done..

Omg, how did I forget even getting equipment!! Shit, yeah, everyday the lod is on walkie begging for a my device for instocks. But hey, if there's no my device here's a few tubs says the flow tl. I get so frustrated for our poor instocks peeps.

I remember how fun it was to do the rigs by typing in every single dpci, because my mydevice didn't scan and the LOD didn't care, but if you're like my store, being the only one in instocks, don't overextend yourself by trying to get a whole area researched after the rigs, cuz we were always told never to leave work for someone else (even though if there's random push found, "oh instocks can push that"); better to get 1/3 of an area completely researched pulled and pushed first rather than leave vehicles of push around, but ASANTS on that one probably

It's easy, do the RIGs, the list is on the myDevice under the research function.

Go pull those batches you just created from doing the list. You didn't mention pushing them, but we do that at my store.

Thanks. Yes, we do push them. Since I'm new at pulling batches, hopefully the backroom opener can help me, especially since my instocks shifts are Sun and Sat I figure they won't have pogs to pull and CAFs don't start til the afternoon.

I remember how fun it was to do the rigs by typing in every single dpci, because my mydevice didn't scan and the LOD didn't care, but if you're like my store, being the only one in instocks, don't overextend yourself by trying to get a whole area researched after the rigs, cuz we were always told never to leave work for someone else (even though if there's random push found, "oh instocks can push that"); better to get 1/3 of an area completely researched pulled and pushed first rather than leave vehicles of push around, but ASANTS on that one probably

And with the MyDevices(apple) if it didn't scan - it didn't work and I need one that worked. I was such a bitch about it that they just gave me the charging cable and a power brick and sent me on my way. They couldn't deal with my demands for working equipment and refusal to work around by hand keying or using the camera to scan the rigs.. Those demands really got started when they went 4am and we started having to push the truck for the first 2hrs everyday as an unwritten add to the in stocks workload. So I don't have time to key every single DCPI after 2hrs of push then a smart huddle of yet more push! so 3hrs down into my day and nothing started on the actual in stocks rig list..

Research? What is that? We don't even shoot research anymore - just drop pog fills. That is the fix all for everything. Then they complain there is backstock when the pog fills they drop should all go out. Well when you have people pushing with no equipment they can't correct a shelf capacity that is wrong or a count that is jacked from a mis-pick. Those things that In-stocks used to do but now with just me as the one ISTM I don't have time to even actually care about what I shoot, just make sure its the right product beyond that? I don't have time.. Just clear the list and make sure all those pog fills and whatever dropped from the rigs is off the line by the time I leave.. Which some days is impossible since the IS pushers leave at noon and if they got slammed or pulled to do other things, I have come back from lunch and had 12 vehicles on the line for just me and no help.. And don't dare put your head down like flow is allowed to.. So "Clip swapping happens."

Shadowing another TM is pretty much all the training you need. I'm not sure why your STL would be calling instocks every few minutes unless it's just to check on progress.

Just do the task list, pull and push the batches, then ask what else they'd like you to do (will probably be scanning lows and outs in a specific area).

Shadowing another TM is pretty much all the training you need. I'm not sure why your STL would be calling instocks every few minutes unless it's just to check on progress.

Just do the task list, pull and push the batches, then ask what else they'd like you to do (will probably be scanning lows and outs in a specific area).

Got it. Idk why I just felt like I missed something. The guy that trained me is good at what he does, used to be backroom so he was able to show me everything I needed to know batch-wise. My STL LOVES to go "hey xxxx, shoot this for me!" alllll day. When the tm doesn't get there fast enough, he'll just do it himself lol

Got it. Idk why I just felt like I missed something. The guy that trained me is good at what he does, used to be backroom so he was able to show me everything I needed to know batch-wise. My STL LOVES to go "hey xxxx, shoot this for me!" alllll day. When the tm doesn't get there fast enough, he'll just do it himself lol

Cause he is a controlling insecure twit. meaning he doesn't trust his employees to do their jobs. When they start calling over every five minutes you call back that you haven't scanned through that area yet. You will get there as you work the list. I don't shoot rigs then go back and shoot for research. That is fucking stupid and a waste of time. Shoot it once and be done with it.

Rig is research investigation group. I could be wrong

gonna guess then that Rig is just a pull generated from research via instocks? I actually have shot end caps before a DTL visit months ago but recently was asked if I know instocks. I just said yes because I don't want to miss out on more hours and cross training plus I figured I could just ask on here when I remembered. Half of my knowledge of how to do shit and what certain terms mean come from online rather than actual training. haha

Cause he is a controlling insecure twit. meaning he doesn't trust his employees to do their jobs. When they start calling over every five minutes you call back that you haven't scanned through that area yet. You will get there as you work the list. I don't shoot rigs then go back and shoot for research. That is fucking stupid and a waste of time. Shoot it once and be done with it.

My STL is one of the reasons I stay with Spot. He's a good guy who has a lot of trust in my abilities unlike other leaders at my store. He's gotta be kinda worried about his job right now because we were a BTS focus store last year and might be again this year, so I don't blame him for jumping in and researching/shooting EXFs whatever. At least he works.

My STL is one of the reasons I stay with Spot. He's a good guy who has a lot of trust in my abilities unlike other leaders at my store. He's gotta be kinda worried about his job right now because we were a BTS focus store last year and might be again this year, so I don't blame him for jumping in and researching/shooting EXFs whatever. At least he works.

No if he trusted you he would "Ok you haven't gotten here yet, I will check back later." Not shoot it anyways causing double work for the back room.

It's driving me crazy. What does Rig even stand for?

gonna guess then that Rig is just a pull generated from research via instocks? I actually have shot end caps before a DTL visit months ago but recently was asked if I know instocks. I just said yes because I don't want to miss out on more hours and cross training plus I figured I could just ask on here when I remembered. Half of my knowledge of how to do shit and what certain terms mean come from online rather than actual training. haha
RIG = Research Investigative Group

It's the list of items that drops every morning (except RFID scan days) for instocks to go through and research.. Basically you just go into research mode on the mydevice and there will be a list telling you were to go and what to scan.

RIGs are generated in a number of ways: Items that are or will be on sale, items that have been researched and there is a big discrepancy between on hand and on the floor counts, items that have multiple locations (or the same item with a different DPCI for a different location), items that are in the backroom but haven't been pulled in a long time, items that have been passed over in SFS because it wasn't found, etc. RIGs will reconcile inventory. If there is a large discrepancy, our instocks team is charged with looking for the "lost" items. More often than not it is unlocated in the backroom, at third party, in a shipper that wasn't tied. The IS team is supposed to find issues that affect inventory and sales and RIGs are a part of that.

RIGs are generated in a number of ways: Items that are or will be on sale, items that have been researched and there is a big discrepancy between on hand and on the floor counts, items that have multiple locations (or the same item with a different DPCI for a different location), items that are in the backroom but haven't been pulled in a long time, items that have been passed over in SFS because it wasn't found, etc. RIGs will reconcile inventory. If there is a large discrepancy, our instocks team is charged with looking for the "lost" items. More often than not it is unlocated in the backroom, at third party, in a shipper that wasn't tied. The IS team is supposed to find issues that affect inventory and sales and RIGs are a part of that.

Yep pull the damn shippers that POG set but never actually put up.. Pull them to make POG put them up but they sit on the line until they either get gutted or rebackstocked cause POG won't put them up.

Yep pull the damn shippers that POG set but never actually put up.. Pull them to make POG put them up but they sit on the line until they either get gutted or rebackstocked cause POG won't put them up.

Shocking! No, not really.

My old store had instocks down.. lots of hours and every aisle full.

Instocks tms are usually very versatile since they are usually internal hires who have mastered juggling multiple task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back