Archived Instocks, Item Search...and lazy Backroom TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today when I was scanning Instocks, I started checking something that I haven't before. When I would scan something that was big and bulky (like furniture, etc.), if it had no gray dot AND a backroom location, I would switch to Item Search, and look at the Instock and Backroom activity of that item.

So, I scan a big item in plastics (empty on the shelf), DPCI: 002-11-0500, it had no gray dot, but it did have a backroom location, up high in the steel. I scan it in Item Search, hit the book icon in the top right corner, and then hit the Instocks icon.

On-hand: 1
Last time pulled: 9/29, 4:47am

Then I hit the Backroom icon.

Recent Activity: 9/29
Original Backstock Date: 9/29

I walk back to the backroom, check the location, and sure enough, the item is still in the location, up high in the steel, under a piece of furniture.

Now my detective skills tell me, that obviously this item dropped in the Autofills this morning, and the Backroom AM TM that pulled the PLAS batch didn't feel like actually pulling that item down, so he said he pulled 1 when the system asked him to, and then STO'd it back into the location. Would I be correct in thinking this? Do other Instock TMs check on this type of stuff? What exactly should I do when I find situations like this? I asked my ETL-LOG about it, and he said he didn't even know you could check when an item was last pulled under Item Search! He checked who pulled the PLAS batch this morning, and said he would talk to the TM about it.

He should do more then talk, thats grounds for a final or even termination, Thats burning a batch or part of......:hunter:

We call out our backroom for not pulling furniture, carseats, infant furniture, shoes....yeah, we check it all the time.

Yeah I always check that. We ALWAYS have outs with locations for bulky items. Our Flow and Early Morning Backroom Team are lazy!

Yep, I watch this very closely in my store as well because nothing annoys me more than faking out batches (I mean I understand if you know its something that just got backstocked, but alot of this bulky stuff is obviously just from being lazy)... I actually don't waste my time tracking the early team (because they fake out so much I couldn't track it), but I do watch my own batches because alot of times the dayside team will fake out my research and PTM batches... When this happens I take it a step further than you do, and go back and find the item to see if it was faked out (scan, pull, and backstock date all on the same day), and then go check the backroom detail report, because it will give the actual name of the TM who backstocked the item back into location (since that is how they would have faked it out)...

My question is did you pull it when you went back there?

OH MY GOD.

This morning was one of the most frustrating days ever. Remember I only starting using this Item Search check yesterday, so today I went through all of C and D checking big and bulky stuff that was empty on the floor, but had locations in the backroom. I found a bunch of stuff that was faked pulled, and then STO'd back into location...from Autofills this morning! Furniture, plastics...doormats! I was so pissed off. I wrote down the DPCIs, and called the LOG-TL (she was off yesterday), the Flow-TL, and the ETL-LOG to an area for a "chat" about what was going on. None of them knew you could use Item Search like this to find who's basically burning batches, and costing the store money. They checked who pulled what batch (FURN, PLAS, DOM, etc.), and it turns out all the Backroom AM guys are doing this! Lets call the guy from yesterday "TM1", who's been with the store for 10 years, and then the two guys from this morning, "TM2"(with the store 3 years) and "TM3" (around 1 year), they're ALL doing it. Also the closing CAF puller did it last night, with a 7pm FURN CAF pull.

The LOG-TL looked like she wanted to cry, the ETL-LOG like he wanted to kill somebody, and the Flow-TL just shook his head. I'm not tooting my own horn, but it looks like I'm the only TM (I work Backroom AM and Backroom Dayside, as well as Instocks and Flow), that doesn't burn batches or fake pull. The 4am guys, the daytime CAF pullers, they're all doing it.

I'm going nuts over this.

Last edited:
I'm totally guilty of it when there's no one I can grab to give me a hand, being tiny + AM backroom, not the best combination. Now that I'm on Instocks though.... well no wonder.

I'm totally guilty of it when there's no one I can grab to give me a hand, being tiny + AM backroom, not the best combination. Now that I'm on Instocks though.... well no wonder.
I'm 5'8", 120lbs, if I can get big things down, throw it over my shoulder, and carry it around to where I need it with no problem, then the over 6' ft tall, 200lb+ guys can damn well do it too.

Wow. Sounds like your store needs a shakeup in the backroom. Lots of GTCs to you for discovering something like that.

Oh hey this is thread #666

I'm 5'8", 120lbs, if I can get big things down, throw it over my shoulder, and carry it around to where I need it with no problem, then the over 6' ft tall, 200lb+ guys can damn well do it too.

Five feet tall and 107# IStm here. I pull every item in my batch and ask for help with the team lift items. If you can't do it, see if you can get moved to the front end or guest service.

Had a lot of those issues in my store, bulky stuff being out on the floor. My team was blamed because we weren't scanning outs all the time. I challenged back saying if it's anybody fault it's the people that aren't stocking or pulling those areas. Sure outs not getting scanned might have a tiny bit to do with it, but let's distribute the blame. Needless to say, the back room TL defended her "godly" team, and it turned into an argument. A few days later I came with evidence that back room was burning batches and flow was pushing back bulk stuff without working it, while back room was ignoring challenge pulls. She didnt say a damn word to me after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back