Archived Instocks TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcePeasant

Flock Leader
Sorry if this exists already but I'm curious about instocks and what they do.

Solely based on the instocks part of the Backroom/instocks team lead position... what do they do, do they make their own schedule, hours, pay, etc.....

I don't think there are any dedicated Instocks TLs. Generally the Backroom TL is also over instocks (hence the Backroom/Instocks TL job title). My backroom TL has absolutely nothing to do with instocks beyond writing the schedule. The position doesn't really require supervision as long as they were trained properly.

I don't think there are any dedicated Instocks TLs. Generally the Backroom TL is also over instocks (hence the Backroom/Instocks TL job title). My backroom TL has absolutely nothing to do with instocks beyond writing the schedule. The position doesn't really require supervision as long as they were trained properly.
I was asked about my possible interest in being Instocks TL, and was informed of two separate TLs because of workload for BR/Instocks. Just seeing the pros and cons of Instocks if I possibly chose to move in that direction.

An Instocks TL is completely unnecessary with way instocks is currently set up. Maybe lines of communication got mixed up somewhere along the line. If, however, that position is actully offered to you, an Instocks TL would be the easiest TL position in the store.

Holy shit yes take it then! It would be the easiest TL position in the store by a long shot.

As I said, instocks requires no supervision, so you'll essentially be a very well paid TM.

An Instocks TL is completely unnecessary with way instocks is currently set up. Maybe lines of communication got mixed up somewhere along the line. If, however, that position is actully offered to you, an Instocks TL would be the easiest TL position in the store.

This is so true. We have a backroom tl/instocks tl he works instocks one day a week.

Like others have said instocks TMs should be able to work independently.

Our instocks tl simply partners with our STL to make a list of what areas get scanned on which day for the month. Thats the extent of his TL duties.

If your instocks TMs need more oversight than that then they are probably not cut out for instocks.

This is so true. We have a backroom tl/instocks tl he works instocks one day a week.

Like others have said instocks TMs should be able to work independently.

Our instocks tl simply partners with our STL to make a list of what areas get scanned on which day for the month. Thats the extent of his TL duties.

If your instocks TMs need more oversight than that then they are probably not cut out for instocks.

Exactly the last part. The ETL likes my work ethic and how I run my current team and making sure expectations are met. Seriously came out of the blue today. I'll ask to see if I'd leave my current position or if it'd just be added on my plate of tasks in my current TL position.

We have an Instocks TL in our store but I think most of the time when a store has an Instocks TL it is because they are or were doing poorly in Instocks as a measurement. Not sure they'd agree it was easiest because they also oversee Ship From Store and the weekly RFID scan. And when hours are down to nothing they end up doing a lot of the scanning because they can't afford to bring their team in full time. But then I don't know how that compares to the other TLs. I think the role is about to be dissolved in our store and added back into Backroom though, not sure. A lot of shifting about going on right now with the TLs.

We have an Instocks TL in our store but I think most of the time when a store has an Instocks TL it is because they are or were doing poorly in Instocks as a measurement. Not sure they'd agree it was easiest because they also oversee Ship From Store and the weekly RFID scan. And when hours are down to nothing they end up doing a lot of the scanning because they can't afford to bring their team in full time. But then I don't know how that compares to the other TLs. I think the role is about to be dissolved in our store and added back into Backroom though, not sure. A lot of shifting about going on right now with the TLs.

I think that's what they want for me because it needs structure from what I'm told. Maybe it's a Temporary thing til it improves but just want to know in and outs of instocks.

It should be called replenishment tl in my opinion and just have the instocks team under you. But take it, it'd be amazing.

I'm going to ask them tomorrow more about where they want me to be and if it's solely instocks or they'll just add to my plate with FS. FA is in a good spot, SBUX needs help but their TL is in charge of that.

SBUX TL is up to speed, but if there isn't a pay increase, we both won't take FSTL, not worth either of our pay. I am 90/10 already decided on Instocks. Just need to wait now.

Just be careful as it's likely to be a temporary position, and make sure there will be something else waiting for you after if so. I doubt it's an indicator of anything but when the position was eliminated a couple years back, the TL they had put into the role was performanced out almost immediately, I suspect to reduce headcount. With all the reductions happening now, just make sure they have a long term plan for you!

Just be careful as it's likely to be a temporary position, and make sure there will be something else waiting for you after if so. I doubt it's an indicator of anything but when the position was eliminated a couple years back, the TL they had put into the role was performanced out almost immediately, I suspect to reduce headcount. With all the reductions happening now, just make sure they have a long term plan for you!
Oh I definitely am. There is room within the headcount for this position. I had about a 2-3 hr discussion regarding everything because I wanted to make sure I covered everything I felt I needed to.

We have an instocks TL. He's Senior TL. He only gets 70ish instocks hours so he oversees flow more than anything. His team does most of the researching and RFID.

Just make sure it's not a term plan...
It's an improvement plan. I sure as hell know I'm not a problem performer. I've looked at our sale, performance, percentages, abysmal at this point. Not the lowest but we could be if we stay on the path of regression. it needs improvement and has needed for a while, they're just finally executing it they told me.

Twist of events, DTL came this week and basically crushed their dream of having an Instocks only; made them turn it into Instocks and A. :p They're making me in charge of 3 blocks and giving instocks and a to another TL who has been on the floor longer, which is understandable. A block is itornado valley here. It was a nice thought while it lasted but ready to move out to SF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back