Archived Instocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to instocks. It would be greatly appreciated if a step by step process is provided.

Disclaimer: I don't know how current that info is and I don't know what instocks is like anymore. I haven't worked with an instocks TM in quite a while. Someone will be able to be of more assistance

Anything specific you have questions on like setting capacities and doing rigs? If not, the instocks guide that was linked is a good stepping stone. Also look into the official guides on Workbench. Nobody at my store taught me shit when I got instocks trained, so those two places are where I personally got started.

First focus is going to be the rigs. Just go under the research tab on the mydevice, and the system will lead you around to certain items and you will need to scan and count them. Rigs batches will automatically drop into the PDA as a research batch titled IS-"insert fillgroup".

You may also be asked to shoot areas as standalone research same basic process, but you'll have to click to manage inventory to update the floor count of each item you're researching as low or out of stock. Whatever pulls from the back from this process you will have to close the batch out for it to drop in to be pulled, and you just go to the screen on my mywork where it let's you choose between reseach, pricing and the rest and just hit the close button. I also make sure if I'm going through and area with multiple fill groups (i.e. market with GRC1,2,3, SNCK, CNDY, etc.) Might make it easier to pull and keep together.

ASANTS maybe with instocks handling Item Level Replenishment. This is dropping in manual CAF pulls. This process has you not be under research but under none, click manage inventory and then under the item description choose fill "(whatever fillgroup the item is)". I would ask your leadership what level they want you to use though.

I was trained using MyDevice. First, I tap on research and go to the location at the bottom of the screen. Second, I tap on capacity and enter how many items would fit in that spot(if correct, no changes. Incorrect, change.). Third, I would enter how many items are actually there and I believe tap update. I would then move to the next item. Then I would pull and push the batches.

I will be doing this on my own next week..
Wanted to verify the process....

Make sure to scan the item and not the shelf label in case it's stocked in the wrong spot.

I like to bring a shopping cart for overstock and a step ladder to see the back of the top shelves.

When you count items, make sure you are counting the correct items.

Some things look similar, and get mixed up.

- different ounces of things, like cereal, or condiments like mustard -- same flavor comes in different size packages
- different fragrances of soap, deodorant, candles, etc
- different "counts" of things like dish detergent, medicine.... same medicine can be in a 25 count box vs. a 50 count box
- different types of similar things..... deodorant, tooth paste vs. gel, reduced fat vs. crunchy vs. creamy peanut butter, cherry medicine vs. grape flavored medicine
- stuff stocked incorrectly - like in Domestics. Especially curtains, shower curtains, bedding, etc.

Always be curious.

When you have OH counts, and the product isn't in the Home Location or Located in the BR:

- Look for things like Untied Sales Planners (end caps) or untied side caps, or items Flexed to different locations.
- Look for baffles in the BR - items in the Back room but not in location, especially Plastics, Furniture, Transition Pallets, Paper Pallets, etc.

If the count seems really off, double check the second screen to make sure it wasn't on that days truck or autofill and just hasn't made it to the floor yet.

Stores still have instocks teams? We lost ours probably a year ago or so...
No, our single instocks TM quit when RFID was being rolled out. Now we just have whoever is available do it (usually a GSA or BRTM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back