Archived Instocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question? I scan an item. The capacity is four but five items occupy that spot. Do I remove that one since it is overstocked and backstock it? So the capacity count should be four and quantity entered would be four?

If five (or more) fit, update the capacity and count. If more fit than are on the floor it'll either pull from the backroom if there's product located in the back or when more comes in the scanner will send the product to the floor.

I've always just updated the capacity to however many are there, reasearched it, then removed any overstock and update the capacity again if necessary. I'm not actually sure if that's the correct way to do it though. But the way I look at it is if there are 5 there, only 4 really fit properly, and the capacity is 4, researching it as 4 will incorrectly update the on-hands, since it isn't counting the overstock that you just took off the shelf.

Precisely, that's what I was trying to ask about. Only four fit accurately, so by researching it as four on the floor and backstocking that one will add to the backroom amount(lets say the backroom count is 0) that would bring the on hand count to five(floor is four and backroom is one.) So capacity would be four, floor count would be four and backroom would be one, is that correct?

No, backstocking doesn't change the on-hand count. If you did it that way, it would show 4 on floor, 1 in back, 4 on hand.

You would have to go backstock it BEFORE researching it.

Appreciate the feedback. Scenario1--So, should I just enter 4 for capacity and five for quantity and leave it? Scenario 2--enter 4 for capacity, five for quantity, remove 1 and backstock it?

Question? I scan an item. The capacity is four but five items occupy that spot. Do I remove that one since it is overstocked and backstock it? So the capacity count should be four and quantity entered would be four?

What SFSFun is saying to keep the on hand count correct he updates the floor capacity to whatever number he has then does the research, to whatever is in front of him. Then he looks at what really fits cause sometimes the capacity is wrong being to small. So if capacity is 4 and 5 fit comfy you would move on.

Now if it doesn't fit, you would go back tweak capacity back to four and pull the overstock/backstock and tell the system aka re-research it to 4. So the on hand count is correct at 5. It will read 5 on hand, 4, four on the floor and the backroom will update when the extra gets backstocked.

This is what I try to do, but admit it doesn't always happen. Our on hands are so jacked up by any yahoo being told to go "research this or that" so I pay attention to the floor and backroom counts when looking for an item.

If 5 fit properly, update capacity to 5. If it's over pushed, in another item's location, and true capacity is 4: leave it at four. Update count to 5. It will ask you to update capacity before updating the count and you would just say no at that point and continue to update the count. Remove 5th and backstock (or push to alt locations).

I've always just updated the capacity to however many are there, reasearched it, then removed any overstock and update the capacity again if necessary. I'm not actually sure if that's the correct way to do it though. But the way I look at it is if there are 5 there, only 4 really fit properly, and the capacity is 4, researching it as 4 will incorrectly update the on-hands, since it isn't counting the overstock that you just took off the shelf.
If you update the capacity to 5, update count to 5, then put capacity back to 4 *and remove the extra/backstock* you mess up the autofill/CAFs as it will say 5 on floor not the 4 that you left.
If you leave the extra on the floor at that point instead of backstocking it's accurate though.

Does anyone remembsr how to get to the report that shows who has been changing capacities on what items? I know its thouvh myperformance but thats all i remember.

Does anyone remembsr how to get to the report that shows who has been changing capacities on what items? I know its thouvh myperformance but thats all i remember.
Go to myPerformance on Workbench. Select Logistics (Store). Click on Salesfloor Optimization (I think that is what it is called).

It has been down since about the first week of February with a notice at the top saying it is being worked on. Less than useless at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back