Archived INSTOCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gotten various answers to this question, which is correct, if neither, please supply the correct answer...
Q: If an item cannot be located, do I tap on SKIP & select CAN'T FIND ITEM or
Tap search, enter dpci, put CAPACITY to zero & QUANTITY to zero

What's the correct way.....

You need to figure out why it can't be located. Someone did something wrong somewhere along the line for the item to not have a sales floor location. The most likely cause is something is not tied correctly. Fix the tie and then you normally enter zero.

Zone correct or close? If the zone is wrecked, I might skip it. Softlines is where this happens most, they can't zone for shit. Or when Flow has just fucked up, and get the flow TL over to see their work.

Can't find it, enter zero for the count and leave capacity alone.

if it's on an end cap or something where it is not there "officially" I fix the tie but otherwise I will set the capacity to 0 and counts to 0 .my store likes to create endcaps without tying.. if it is an item like in soft lines with one or two on hand I usually set to zero. at the end of my rigs if I know they are all softlines or something i know isnt there for sure I'll write the dcpis on a sticky and type them all in lol.. always look at the on hands if it is more than like one or two go take a look in the backroom for a pallet or something that might have not been located yet :) if you skip an item it will bring your score down on reports so I don't press it ever...

Depending on what it is, I look at the received, sold, auto-pulled, etc info and go from there. Softlines from the past 2 weeks that will be impossible to find for a SPU? 0 it. Something likely in a shipper such as smores things right now - type the on hands back in. Never hit skip though since its a metric that will bring you down.
If it's on an endcap that was flexed over I'll 0 the capacity and 0 that location if there is a home, otherwise I'll hunt around for it before I 0 the on hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back