Archived Integrated Guest Service Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did Spot think IGS could possibly be a good idea? Constantly having shoppers come up like its a regular checklane disrupting the GSTM duties, having built up reshop, and just in general the design doesn't look as nice. Ugh I hope when they do remodels they backtrack on the IGS thing.

Where they take out the express lanes (or other lanes) and replace it with Guest Service that acts as both cashiers and GS. The old GS is then changed to something else, like Starbucks, Fan Central, or Target Mobile.

7078233025_5e0228f9ff_z.jpg

Where they take out the express lanes (or other lanes) and replace it with Guest Service that acts as both cashiers and GS. The old GS is then changed to something else, like Starbucks, Fan Central, or Target Mobile.

Anything for more revenue I guess. Geez.

It looks kind of like Wal-Mart's tobacco cash registers.

Thanks, we have that at our store. As if GS doesnt have enough to do!

What a weird concept, probably something the number crunchers at HQ thought to throw against the wall to see if it sticks.
And when your express lanes eventually get replaced with self-checkout? What happens then to guest service?

What a weird concept, probably something the number crunchers at HQ thought to throw against the wall to see if it sticks.
And when your express lanes eventually get replaced with self-checkout? What happens then to guest service?
It depends on the number of check lanes. Generally, IGS stores will not receive self checkout. If self checkout is implemented in IGS stores with fewer than 15 lanes, Guest Service will be rebuilt, the Vacated Guest Service strategy will be relocated or abandoned, and the SCO lanes will be installed.

My 2nd store had IGS and it wasn't too bad... It was nice when I would GSA, I could watch over the lanes easier and help out IGS

Completely off topic, but fuck, I want those lanes...
Ours are such shit

As much as I miss the express lanes, I'll admit I was relieved when I found out it was due to self-checkout. It meant we weren't getting iGS, which would've been a complete disaster at my high-volume store with a lot of Canadian guests on the weekends.

I miss our express lanes. At self-checkout, usually only two are working at one time and you get the guests who cannot figure out how to follow the prompts, or scan something, or take time finding their card, or the ones with a whole cart full of stuff, or... I know some stores weren't allowed to use express but we had used them until the very end.

Just found out my store is getting 8 SCO lanes, no iGS for us! On the flip side, eight SCO lanes. UGH. That will leave us with 12 normal checklanes, causing the problem of on weekends, we can have all 20 running and STILL be up to Softlines in lines. RIP Checkout in a Reasonable Time score.

It was a stupid idea from the start! a guest returning an item at guest service takes priority over a guest trying to buy an over flowing cart at GS in my opinion. when we had GS separate from the check lanes a guest would return their item first and than go shopping for the full cart of stuff. if I tell the guest to take their full cart else where they get all mad and say "but it says it is returns and check out" I love when guest roll their eyes behind these loons.

mine does not either. it makes the idiots who want to buy and over flowing cart up at GS impossible to check out.
now we do try to check a guest out if it is a reasonable amount. I remember one week a father/son team wanted to check out 2 very large overflowing carts at GS and I do mean overflowing. we sent them to an open register that could take that amount of stuff. I really wanted to say "you are insane if you think I'm checking you out at GS with that amount of stuff" I held my tongue but oh boy did I want to say it.

We take 5 or less at our GS. When I'm on a lane, if someone is purchasing items and they mention they have to go to GS for something, as long as it's not super busy and it's a simple return, I will do it for them at the lane. I haven't gotten yelled at yet for that. lol

My store has a few express lanes that never get used unless all other lanes are being used. My only wish to make checking out faster would be to have spinning bag holders like Walmart. Having only two bags available at a time takes longer, in my opinion.

My store has a few express lanes that never get used unless all other lanes are being used. My only wish to make checking out faster would be to have spinning bag holders like Walmart. Having only two bags available at a time takes longer, in my opinion.

But what about the small and large bags? You can't only use medium bags.

IGS works if you have a store setup where rewrap/repackage/SIM/"figure out the item" is processed off-stage. Otherwise it's hell for the TM.

Restrict the IGS TM's responsibilities to "Sort Reshop, Help Guests", and it's a smooth process. Have a TL or brand TM work the junk carts or "Needs Info" product off stage, then bring that back to IGS to get worked into the go backs....it works better that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back