Archived Interaction with leadership too passive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontEndFirecracker

Vibe Machine
Just got a promotion to GSA, so I have been doing a lot of training. Currently scheduled mostly for SD and 1-2 GSA shifts a week, which I am told is normal so I can learn the front end in entirety before taking on the full position - which I believe I am fully capable of.

I closed as GSA with my Sr.GSTL as LOD, and in the CO, I asked him if he felt I had any opportunities for improvement thus far. He simply answered "Nope, you're good".

Was this passive, or am I really good? It does not seem to be too difficult of a job. My biggest issue is my OCD in double checking everything I do when I close the registers to make sure I did everything right.

I guess I am just worried that he did not have anything constructive to say, because there probably are things I need to work on already. I am going to ask the ETL-GE next time I see her, as well. I just wanted to get some input from other GSA, GSTL, ETL's, etc.

Thank you!

Most likely felt that at the current stage you are in you are doing fine, probably still has things to teach you and he knows that. So relax and if you REALLY feel like your slacking somewhere or you are unsure of a procedure, ask a less vague question. Asking detailed questions are best way to learn cause then you are actually listening and will remember better.

I do not necessarily think I am slacking anywhere. What my major concern is, however, is that I am showing an incredible amount of eagerness to learn and work, and it is not being given. I continually ask specific questions - at least 3-4 every shift I work either at SD or GSA about unclear policies, whether or not something is "vibe-able", whether or not I should have done something different, etc. Every question I ask has purpose and intent. I do not just ask random questions to give the illusion that I care. I actually do really care. When the STL asked me how I am liking the new position, my exact words were "I absolutely love it and I cannot wait to learn everything to be better!" and he loved that response.

I think my title is confusing. I do not think I am being passive. I feel like my TL was being passive in his answer to my question. :)

Sounds like this was first time he answer passively if you are constantly asking questions. Now if he is answering all questions like this then..

From what I've noticed, there hardly ever seems to be much "opportunity for improvement" with GSA's.. Little things will pop up every once and a while that they'll correct you on, but for the most part it's pretty simple. And you're right, it IS a pretty simple job. The only difficult things you might run into are sketchy service desk situations that nothing can really prepare you for. From what you've said so far, it sounds like you're on the right track! Just make sure you and your GSTL are on the same page, and there's really nothing to worry about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back