Internal Internship Hire

Does anyone know the success rate of being an internal ETL internship hire?

I was hired as a TM before I graduated with a bachelors degree. I have recently applied for two internships in my area, one being a “Stores Management” and another being a “Executive Team Lead” position. However, I’m now being told these positions are reserved solely for external hires and that Target typically does not hire internally for these positions.

Has anyone ever been hired internally for this position or know someone who has done this? Please anyone give me a small gleam of hope. I don’t personally mind a TL position but I would rather fast track my career since I have the credentials to do it.

Sorry, but as far as I know intern positions are not for internals or college graduates, they are for college/ university students who work as interns during their summer vacations and who are then offered ETL positions after graduation if they are deemed qualified. As a college graduate you can apply for an ETL position. Your college may be able to provide guidance if they work with Target recruiters. Good luck!

Sorry, but as far as I know intern positions are not for internals or college graduates, they are for college/ university students who work as interns during their summer vacations and who are then offered ETL positions after graduation if they are deemed qualified. As a college graduate you can apply for an ETL position. Your college may be able to provide guidance if they work with Target recruiters. Good luck!

This is also what I thought. But I was told someone was accepted into the program that had already graduated and did their training at a store in our district. Unfortunately, I was 100% online and graduated in the middle of COVID and I’ve since moved states, it would be incredibly difficult for me to try to get in touch with someone who works with recruiters. Thank you for your feedback though. I do appreciate it!

You could always get the Tl position and work your way up from there. I’ve done it and I’m sure many others has

This is the only option at this point. I’ve let all of my leaders and management team know that I am highly interested in moving up within the company in any way that I can.

Back