Interveiw Questions

Hi! I am trying to get a job at my local target. I have been working at another company for the last 2ish years and i hate it. I HATE IT. I have been working in there online grocery department and "fresh" produce department.

Target seems like a good fit for me because the store is pretty close to where i am going to school, will work with my schedule, and all around a better and less toxic environment.

I have tried to apply 3 different times. The first time was quite some time ago and i got rejected almost immediately.

The second time i applied was last year and i actually got a interview! It was not a great interview and i ended up getting a email about a week or two later saying they went in another direction.

This most recent time i applied and less then 12 hours later i got rejected.

Did i do something that got me on a blacklist? Does anyone have tips as far as when to apply and how to get a interview? I need to get out soon! Please help!

I just kept applying whenever positions where posted on Indeed or the Target website until I got an interview, but once I got the interview I was hired that day. I was rejected three times before though, but I believe that they were auto rejections because HR has to clean out applications periodically. Luckily I applied again at just the right time, as my store was working to get its act together and was in hiring mode.

As for the bad interview, do you have ideas about what went wrong? How is your availability? Look for tips online, and see if you can pinpoint weak areas or ways to give a better interview. Good luck!

It was kind of a awkward interview. It was my first job interview in a year and a half. My current job the one interview question was when can you start. My availability is not great and was not great because i am in school right now, but it was 20-25 hours a week.

As far as the Auto Rejection thing is there any tips on when i might want to apply to avoid that? And sense my most recent rejection was this week when should i apply again?

Maybe the store simply isn't hiring currently.
Availability is almost always a dealbreaker if you can't work when the store needs you. It's not just about total hours, but also the times of the day you can be there

1. anything but open availability can be an immediate decline
2. Some work histories can lead to no interview
3. During interview stay positive - no complaining - do not use word ‘hate’ , toxic or put down management.
4. Show energy and enthusiasm
5. remember jobs are filled to help the business - not you. So the fact that you need a job, it is A convenient location for you, or what you think they will do for you - will not get you the job.

Back