Archived Interview for PMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey people! I've been offered an interview for the PMT position here at my store and was wondering if anyone had any tips when applying for this position. I've read the guide on SFT but was looking for more about the actual interview. I was originally hired for bike building but they ( HR and some of the other TL interviewers) seem I will be more suited for the PMT position. If anyone has the dirt pls share! I'm scheduled for the interview next week sometime so in the meantime I'm learning the ropes in hardlines.

You will take care of building maintenance with 40 hours, a week.
I was told M-F weekends off but subject to be on call if something bad happens. Which I hope nothing bad does happen if I get the gig. Haha Still trying to figure out the entire scope of the position to see what I'm getting myself into before I sign on the dotted line.

You should get a few weeks of training with a PMT at another store so you have an idea of what your routines should be like and to cover the basics. Then most of it is learning by doing. You get assigned an iPad that you can use to follow up on mysupports and work orders and other functions. There is also supposedly a message board for PMTs across the company to help each other out with issues (I assume that's why we don't see PMTs posting here like signing TMs do).

The current PMT at my store has done for the PMT position what G.W. Bush has done for the Presidency: it makes me feel like anyone can do it if they just try.

That's quite the change, bike building to PM

PMT works Mon-Friday at my store. 40 hours a week all year along. 7 am until 3:30 pm. Never has to cashier. I think pay is what Senior Team Leads make. If you are good building stuff, fixing stuff is a great position at Target.

Yeah, our PMT works 6 to 2:30 weekdays on a set schedule. He works very independently.

I think the big things are to show you are a problem solver who fixes issues that yo foresee rather than waiting to be told just to do work orders.

Our PMT is only 18 years old believe it or not. But he tinkers with everything.

The big accomplishments for ours in August were painting our red balls half white and spraying our store for cockroaches lol.

Thanks everyone for the replies. The interview has been set for Thursday of next week. I applied for bike building since I love repairing and building things so yeah I'm a gear head by heart. Guess I'm a little lucky the position was open when i interviewed for the bike builder. I was in the back room tonyt and noticed the 'work center' don't call it a cage hehe for the PMT! Looking forward to next Thursday!

Our PMT really likes his job. He always has a smile on his face and I just see him banging away at things and tinkering. The pay is GREAT too. 2 grades higher than a starting TL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back