Archived Interview Process For Tl's

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
What exactly should the interview process for a TL look like? I already passed the bench and still looking for a TL position. I've been on a couple of interviews and its different each time. How do I tell it went well.

So had to follow up today. Pretty sure it's a pass but seriously this is the second store that has done this to me. Its really frustrating.

So had to follow up today. Pretty sure it's a pass but seriously this is the second store that has done this to me. Its really frustrating.
Yeah what was the feedback and also what was the TL position because that plays a role as well. Your STL should've reached out for feedback

Maybe @Nokiddiegloves is just not qualified to be a leader. She is been told multiple times she is not good enough.....Some people are born followers.

Maybe @Nokiddiegloves is just not qualified to be a leader. She is been told multiple times she is not good enough.....Some people are born followers.
We have a TL that interviewed three times.... she finally got a position but quite honestly I think she was the only option

( ^^^^ I'm not sure wtf those last posts were all about ) But..... anywaaaaaaaay:

I interviewed w/ a company years ago... for a role I was not experienced at, but really wanted to learn it. My first interview went GREAT. My second, not so much. I knew I was slightly out of my element when I had to answer questions from a 4 person panel-interview about a position that I didn't know. I put on a good game-face, but deep down in my gut, I knew I was not their best candidate. I did NOT get the position that I wanted.... but they liked me enough to offer a different position; which I politely declined.

That being said:

@Nokiddiegloves , when you're in your interviews, do you ever have that "gut feeling" that you didn't give a great (high scope) answer to their question? Do you leave your interview with the "hindsight" that you wished you would have answered differently? Can you "read" your interviewer's body-lanquage? You always want your interviewer to be fully engaged in what you'll say NEXT. Do you "know" when you've lost them? When you leave your interview, in retrospect, do you KNOW where the struggle was? From what I can assess, you are quite qualified for TL....... what do YOU think may be the set-back?

(I'm not trying to pick on you..... just offering a different perspective.)

( ^^^^ I'm not sure wtf those last posts were all about ) But..... anywaaaaaaaay:

I interviewed w/ a company years ago... for a role I was not experienced at, but really wanted to learn it. My first interview went GREAT. My second, not so much. I knew I was slightly out of my element when I had to answer questions from a 4 person panel-interview about a position that I didn't know. I put on a good game-face, but deep down in my gut, I knew I was not their best candidate. I did NOT get the position that I wanted.... but they liked me enough to offer a different position; which I politely declined.

That being said:

@Nokiddiegloves , when you're in your interviews, do you ever have that "gut feeling" that you didn't give a great (high scope) answer to their question? Do you leave your interview with the "hindsight" that you wished you would have answered differently? Can you "read" your interviewer's body-lanquage? You always want your interviewer to be fully engaged in what you'll say NEXT. Do you "know" when you've lost them? When you leave your interview, in retrospect, do you KNOW where the struggle was? From what I can assess, you are quite qualified for TL....... what do YOU think may be the set-back?

(I'm not trying to pick on you..... just offering a different perspective.)

Planooos and I have a love/hate relationship. Thanks for your input I'll look into it more

To be quite honest I didn’t do so great at my interview and had little to no time to prepare/was mildly anxious throughout and still got the position. However, I am very well liked and my interview was more of a formality if anything.

Anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back