Archived Interview Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips for a Target interview? I actually already have a full time job (disclosed on my application) so I'm just looking for a part-time second job. My interview is in a couple of hours and I'm actually nervous which is funny to me. On my application I think I indicated either cashier or apparel but I actually can't remember for sure (I submitted it quite awhile ago). I think they are short staffed at our store (there are always signs up) and although my schedule is a pain to work around they are a little desperate for the holidays.

Dress business casual and be able to answer scenario based questions.

Be clear about the situation, the behavior you took, and the outcome of that. Answer clearly in that format and you'll be fine.

Dress business casual and be able to answer scenario based questions.

Be clear about the situation, the behavior you took, and the outcome of that. Answer clearly in that format and you'll be fine.
This. Also be confident. Go in thinking i got this

It's all about selling now at Target. If you are interviewing for apparel, refer to it as the Style Team in the interview, because that is what we now call it.

Think of ways to get the guest to buy more than a top, find ways to sell a shirt, belt or other accessories.

Be friendly and enthusiastic with your interviewers.

If your interview is for apparel be ready to go out on the floor and sell an outfit to your interviewer.

If it's just cashier you may only have one interview. They don't require two interview a for seasonal cashier's and logistics hires.

Last edited:
If your interview is for apparel be ready to go out on the floor and sell an outfit to your interviewer.

OMG you have no idea how bad our team is. If they had to do this, none of them would be working there. I'd be very surprised if they get any qualified candidates to hire with unemployment being so low right now.

If it's just cashier you may only have one interview. They don't require two interview a for seasonal cashier's and logistics hires.
I feel like the demographics that come to shop at target are not kind to be sold something, specially clothing. Atleast at my store... we are not a botique, or a clothing specialty shop . We are like a slightly better Kmart. I understand the selling aspect in electronics, to make suggestions and upsell, but in apparel, at target I dont see it working...

I feel like the demographics that come to shop at target are not kind to be sold something, specially clothing. Atleast at my store... we are not a botique, or a clothing specialty shop . We are like a slightly better Kmart. I understand the selling aspect in electronics, to make suggestions and upsell, but in apparel, at target I dont see it working...

Like you I was very skeptical but we do have some good sellers at my store. It's not so much selling expensive suits like a Nordstrom but finding a hat to go with a top or shoes to go with a dress. Even adding on a 15 dollar blouse to an outfit means a TM just "earned" their own salary for an hour.

Did two interviews on the same day and was offered a position on the spot. Waiting for my background check to clear and then someone will call to schedule orientation. Unfortunately taking calls is always tricky because they call during normal business hours when I work my FT job.

I asked if they were hiring for seasonal or "regular". The ETL (I believe - she was so flustered because the store was busy that I don't believe she ever told me her title) said she definitely wanted me to be a regular. Whew! I"m not sure what took so long to get an interview...I've applied many times over the years. Recently it was probably my availability but I also applied when I was in college and never got a call.

Off to shop for some red and khaki (I've only got a few things I can wear....)

Orientation is Wednesday evening...unless Jury Duty gets in the way (orientation is at 5...jury duty said it could go until 6 if I get called in that day).

Question about schedules. Once I"m up and running will I be able to check my schedule from home? It's been a very long time since i've had a job with a varying schedule (probably 2000....). I have a FT job plus I'm a PT student (mostly online) so balancing everything is going to be stressful. i"m just hoping i don't have to regularly go in just to check the schedule. I would assume not with technology these days

There’s an app called Branch that we use for shift swaps and it has been accurate for my schedule. I’m sure they’ll mention it during orientation or just ask.

Orientation is Wednesday evening...unless Jury Duty gets in the way (orientation is at 5...jury duty said it could go until 6 if I get called in that day).

Question about schedules. Once I"m up and running will I be able to check my schedule from home? It's been a very long time since i've had a job with a varying schedule (probably 2000....). I have a FT job plus I'm a PT student (mostly online) so balancing everything is going to be stressful. i"m just hoping i don't have to regularly go in just to check the schedule. I would assume not with technology these days
target.com/viewschedule

This works although it goes down an awful lot (already a planned outage this week)
Yeah, I just use branch, because branch shows all shifts scheduled, not just this week and next week. Also it's fun to figure out who you'll be working with ahead of time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back