Archived Interview tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might want to add in a shovel, some plastic sheeting, and a bone saw ... not that I've ever had any experience with this kind of thing.

Eh, don't want it to get THAT far....just long enough for Frizzo to have a sporting chance.
Experience? Methinks you have more than you're letting on....:spiteful:

Thanks! My parents always said to have an emergency kit in my car. I don't think this is what they had in mind, but at least I was listening.

Sorry, frizzo. They may of gotten someone from outside. Don't give up!
They may have other plans for you.

Though I don't know for sure, I'd say the odds are, they got someone from the outside. Thats how it ususally goes. Someone without Target or AP experience. All that tells me is that my experience doesn't really matter. TL positions of any kind only open up once in a blue moon in my area, so there can't be many other "plans" for me, other than keeping me where I am.

So, apparently they "decided to go in another direction," and not promote me. What the hell does that even mean?

They were looking for somebody who wasn't as cool, smart or funny?
Sorry to hear Spot is running true to form.
Hope you can find something in the real world that pays better and respects you more.

Did they at least give you any feedback? Was it your interview with your STL or DTL?

It was for an APTL, so my interview was with the APBP, and then 3 ETLs at the store I would've been transferred to. Pretty much the only feedback I got was that my answers weren't robotic enough. Honestly, I knew my interview wasn't great, but it wasn't awful either. I was as prepared as I possibly could have been. I guess I just thought that based on my work experience, both on the salesfloor, and as AP, and taking into account the adulation of my peers and other ETL's, I was hoping that would help compensate for a less than stellar interview. I speak well, I have a good vocabulary, I just get a little nervous. Considering I'm almost 100% positive that they hired someone from the outside to fill the position, all that tells me is that Target exeprience doesn't matter.

Pretty soon "Target experience" won't matter to other prospective employers, either.

So, if anyone is still interested, I found out today that the fella that was promoted has been with Target half as long as me, and has only been a TPS since about Black Friday...and he's already been promoted. Is that crap, or is it just me that thinks so? He was promoted to AP only 5 months ago, so how can he have been promoted again so soon? I know it sounds like I'm just ranting and raving (I am...I know.....sorry), but does someone really have an answer for that?

To pour salt in the wound, he's training at my store. He closed with me tonight...so I had a hand in training him. Just kick me some more, why don't they?

Sorry Frizzo.
It sounds like yet again Spot is doing its "lets go with new, new is always better" approach.
You old timers aren't as moldable and face it, you've got 'life experience' that makes you a bit willing to think for yourself.

To pour salt in the wound, he's training at my store. He closed with me tonight...so I had a hand in training him. Just kick me some more, why don't they?

Real kick in the cajones, that.
Unfortunately, I'm a member of that sorry club as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back