Archived Interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's appropriate attire for an interview with Target (apparel section)? Also, did you have your interview in-store? What part of the store? I've never had a job before and I feel I'm finally stable enough in my mental health to go out and get one, but I have a lot of little anxieties for the unknown. Just small nuances, you know? Any little tips would be so appreciated to calm my nerves.

iclfkm.jpg

A pair of dress pants and a nice top would be perfect. As an apparel tm I would caution you that for someone with mental health issues, it may not be the position for you. Leadership wants you to be able to sell stuff to guests and as someone with social anxiety myself I have to say sometimes I start to feel sick. I'm trying to move into a different work center.

Dress business casual. No sweat pants, ripped jeans, flip flops, etc.

Interview will be in the store, either in an office or the conference room. When you get there you just go to guest services (wait in line if there is one) and tell them your name and that you're there for an interview.

No sandals or flip flops. I think nice pants and a top are good. Not a tank top. If you wear a skirt or dress, not too short. Mostly, be comfortable so you won't fidget and pull at your clothes. Eye contact is important too. Doglover is correct about the expectation to sell and talk with guests.

Dress business casual. No sweat pants, ripped jeans, flip flops, etc.

Interview will be in the store, either in an office or the conference room. When you get there you just go to guest services (wait in line if there is one) and tell them your name and that you're there for an interview.

If you get a second interview it will be out on the floor. They will ask you to sell them on an outfit.

Super helpful so far, thanks everyone. I also applied to tech, I'm guessing it's the same deal as apparel?

Super helpful so far, thanks everyone. I also applied to tech, I'm guessing it's the same deal as apparel?

Id ship from store is the best if you have social anxiety. You are not expected to sell or greet guests as you have a time limit for orders.

Id ship from store is the best if you have social anxiety. You are not expected to sell or greet guests as you have a time limit for orders.

I told my ETL I would like to do SFS full time. Her response was "it's everyone's job to help guests." And she is correct, but as I told her, waaaay less guest interaction is required in a role such as SFS or BR.

I told my ETL I would like to do SFS full time. Her response was "it's everyone's job to help guests." And she is correct, but as I told her, waaaay less guest interaction is required in a role such as SFS or BR.

I have never seen my sfs dude greet guests but does help if they ask. We are a strongly hi to every guest store too.

Business casual. Flip flops, ripped jeans, or sweat pants you won't get through.

The questions are scenario based. Technically no wrong answer, but you'll be rated based on how you answer the questions.

It's designed to see how you would act (people skills) responding to a guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back