Archived Interviewing for PMT on Monday, any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanumas

[INSERT WORKCENTER HERE]
Worked for Target for just over 3 years before deciding to go where the money is instead, regret and decided to apply for PMT and Logistics TL and just got a call to come in for a PMT interview. Any tips? I also read over the SFT/PMT guide in prep for getting the job, and more understanding of it.

I do not have any building maintenance experience but I do have mechanical and Target experience, which I why I believe I even got the interview in the first place.

With respects to the PMT position, all you basically need is a general sense of how tools work and the never-ending persistence to hold vendors accountable. If you ever get stumped, as our PMT frequently does, just partner with a PMT from another store. Learn from experience any never be afraid to ask how something works.

In your interview you'll want to come across as confident (so they know you won't be scared to challenge vendors) and inquisitive (so they know you won't go at it alone when you're unsure of something).

As a former PMT congrats PMT is one of the best jobs to have hourly wise with spot. If you have basic knowledge of tools and repairs you will do fine. There is a PMT wiki page that will have repair guides for most things you will work on in the store. As far as the interview goes you will be asked basic questions so you should be fine. Word of adavice you will meet some vendor that are lazy as shit and will try pull tricks on you don't take their shit. Also at the same time you will want to develop a good realationship with most of your vendors those relationships can be very helpful in an emergency. Also PMTs like to help each other out kind of like a brotherhood. If your ever stuckbreach out to your Fmbp or a close PMT and they will help you out. Good luck and pm me if you have any other questions

Last edited:
With respects to the PMT position, all you basically need is a general sense of how tools work and the never-ending persistence to hold vendors accountable. If you ever get stumped, as our PMT frequently does, just partner with a PMT from another store. Learn from experience any never be afraid to ask how something works.

In your interview you'll want to come across as confident (so they know you won't be scared to challenge vendors) and inquisitive (so they know you won't go at it alone when you're unsure of something).

As a former PMT congrats PMT is one of the best jobs to have hourly wise with spot. If you have basic knowledge of tools and repairs you will do fine. There is a PMT wiki page that will have repair guides for most things you will work on in the store. As far as the interview goes you will be asked basic questions so you should be fine. Word of adavice you will meet some vendor that are lazy as shit and will try pull tricks on you don't take their shit. Also at the same time you will want to develop a good realationship with most of your vendors those relationships can be very helpful in an emergency. Also PMTs like to help each other out kind of like a brotherhood. If your ever stuckbreach out to for Fmbp or close PMT and they will help you out. Good luck and pm me if you have any other questions

Should note I worked as a PA for my last 6 months for spot, and my ETL loved that I held our vendors accountable when I moved into that position. Was a big opportunity in market when I moved into it. Very lazy vendors there, so holding them accountable or going above their head to get things straightened out isn't new to me. Didn't make them hate me, because unlike my direct TL I tried to understand what was going on, and still get things done.

Also good to know there is a team to rely on, which is honestly something I missed once moving companies and part of the reason I'm trying to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back