Archived Interviewing process at target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, quick question. Well, actually I have a few. I helped a friend score an interview at the target I work at. He really wants this job and I'm rooting for him. First, I wanted to know if all 3 interviewers discuss how the interview went with each other. Secondly, I wanna know if there are like 6 interviews in one week, do they actually deliberate after all applicants are interviewed, or do they offer a really good applicant the job on the spot even if all of the interviews aren't complete? And third of all, I wanted to know if he's not offered the job, how long will it take for him to get that rejection email?

Last time I was involved with the process as HR...

two interviews

1 phone (TL)

one in person (ETL)

But when I was hired seasonally last year it was 2 in person interviews

for TMs there are a max of 2 interviews, not going to be 3.

they will hire you on the spot, they don't take 6 candidates and decide the top 3. if they like you, you're offered right there. that's how it worked when I was hired both times

First of all, don't have some weird/creepy/metal rock/"funny" ring tone when the interviewer calls. This should not be done when you are waiting for people to call about jobs. I can't tell you how many weird songs and stuff I've heard when I've called to set up interviews. (And girls who sounds all peppy/perky/valley girlish). Ugh.
The 1st interviewer asks about 3 questions. They rate you low-to-high. There's a list of what makes someone fall into one of these categories. Even if you don't have a great answer, make one up. They'll never know.
This is handed off to the 2nd interviewer. Yes, they discuss what was said and the "feeling" that they got.
For 2nd interview, dress nicely but not like your going to a wear-a-suit-all-the-time-church. Smile. Shake the interviewer's hand.
Normally, if they want to hire you they give you the drug test paperwork and off you go.

My store doesn't do phone interviews. If tl's pass you on you go to the etl, and are almost always hired at that point.

Thanks guys. My store works a little different. We don't do phone interviews. My friend still hasn't gotten the rejection email yet and as far as I know, everyone who doesn't get hired gets that email. I guess everyone's store is different. Tuesday will make it a week since his interview, so I guess we'll just see what happens.

Thanks guys. My store works a little different. We don't do phone interviews. My friend still hasn't gotten the rejection email yet and as far as I know, everyone who doesn't get hired gets that email. I guess everyone's store is different. Tuesday will make it a week since his interview, so I guess we'll just see what happens.

Just call the store and ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back