Inventory??

What do you do on inventory day it will be my first one at target ? And I'm a DBO in kitchen I guess what would I need to do ??

You're basically there to resolve "sku checks". Inventory service will yell "sku check" on items that don't have a ticket, don't scan at all or don't return a price.

Leading up to inventory, you zone a lot. An outside team will come in and scan everything. They scan the first item (or label) then count the items (on that peg or shelf spot). So, they will scan the first MBD wooden spoon on the peg then count the total number on the peg. They do not pay attention to whether or not it is the same item. There are stickers to use for pegs that have more than one DPCI per peg that alerts their team to scan each item (not sure if Kitchen has any of that, but Style has it all over). A good, detailed zone is key to good results.

You also want to be sure that everything is pushed and backstocked. (Most stores will not get a truck that day). Your TL should give you specific direction about any product that needs special attention (mainly pre counts and DO NOT INVENTORY stickers).

Day of, you may be doing sku checks, zoning after they finish scanning, or even scanning along with their team. You will not be only in your area. You may be off.

Regis is the company that comes in and does a count of ur shelf produce. They will come at night so no customers are there. Make sure ur count on shelf is accurate and all products are in the right spot. Once they are done doing the shelf count they will will put there stickers on so they know shelf has been counted. If u have product in ur backroom ur are to make a label and do ur count for each product. They will come around and scan all stickers and outlets check ur counts to make sure it's accurate. It usually takes about 4hrs. U won't be able to do any push, or 1 for 1 or unload the truck. If u are there u will just supervise them.

They will come around and scan all stickers and outlets check ur counts to make sure it's accurate. It usually takes about 4hrs.
How small is your store ? 4 hours ? Even if it’s overnight it will take longer than 4 hours . Unless your store is just a box . My off-site takes about 5-6 hours.

I wish I could tell you, but our inventory is Thursday and they were having first planning meeting when I left on Friday for the weekend.... BTW, I've been doing inventory in retail since '97 and I seriously have no idea what Spot and our SD is thinking.... smdh

Well if they counting what's on the shelf then it's going to be bad in my area I been getting mothers day and teacher appreciation day cups and when I'm not there they are push out to the floor in the wrong areas all over the place and the supervisor said its ok as long as it's in the right price point ? I'm thinking they shouldn't do that till they set the mod for it and just keep putting the new stuff in the back room

Does Target TMs still do financials? I was there for last inventory and I don't remember seeing a financial area for stuff we can't find DPCI for.

I have done the financials for every inventory ur store has ever had. There have been years when we have a pile of sheets full. Last year was the first year I entered the info directly into the machine.
Each year they bring me anything “odd” - no ticket, NOF, salvage, damage, unrecognized DPCI. Since our inventory was during open hours I was able to process every item through target procedures - damage it out/salvage it out.
Unknown items were given a comparable DPCI of value and immediately damaged out - we don’t need that odd/one of a kind crap taking up salesfloor real estate. We even had some Walmart brand items pop Up - accepted returns maybe ? Or an in-store switch ? (Shoes off/shoes on.)

The unusual thing is year was the extremely SMALL quantity ! Either DBOS were keeping their departments clear of stray merchandise through the year or the inventory company was not bringing the unscannable stuff to our attention. I say this because I have since found Christmas and valentines items that should not have been able to be counted - unless those items were delivered AFTER inventory - I didn’t check delivery dates.

I’m prepping the back room and I’ve completed 10 aisles and we’re finding out very few people know how to pull or backstock. The majority of the aisles very little was on location and we had a lot of savage and one for ones are huge in the aisles that were completed.

Our inventory is next week. Shit is all over receiving and the backroom. There are over 100 repacks of stationary floating around. They scheduled a TL 60 hours last week. He, and he alone, was supposed to prep every aisle. I'm pretty sure he spent all 60 hours upstairs in TSC on the computers and chatting. Not a single aisle is prepped. We're so ridiculously far over hours for the month, that we're not wanting to spend Inventory hours at all.

This is going to go well.

Inventory team finally finished around 1130 am so that team was at my store from 2pm started at 4pm and ended at 1130am. We were not ready at all. The inventory team should of refused to do the job.

Back