Archived Is anyone else’s AP absolutely insane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything you stated is completely normal except maybe “in places they shouldn’t be”. Sounds like your previous ap didn’t know what all they could do or didn’t know how. We pass the binder of criminals around at huddles.

The only places in the store that are strictly off-limits for cameras are restrooms and fitting rooms. There are a few other areas that require special permission from the APBP, and those situations often involve using smaller covert cameras for someone who is under investigation.

The APBP and above have remote access to all the store's cameras, so if there is one someplace it shouldn't be, that will be resolved pretty quickly.

If you find a camera in the restroom or fitting room then call the hotline. Otherwise don't just because AP told you there's pen size cameras. Everything on the property belongs to Target. AP can track what you search on the zebras, listen to you conversations over the radio or even listen on camera. Sounds like AP was using scare tactics on TMS so they don't steal.

I don't understand how the frontend will be able to monitor to AP standards, given the cutback in staff.

I KNOW that I've had guests so frustrated with SCO that they walk out rather than wait for me to help, and AP loves me on SCO. I can only see this getting worse.

We are cut to the bone on frontend. It's so bad that I was in another store this week, standing in line waiting, and a guy said, "man, this is as bad as Target."

Ugh.

I don't understand how the frontend will be able to monitor to AP standards, given the cutback in staff.

I KNOW that I've had guests so frustrated with SCO that they walk out rather than wait for me to help, and AP loves me on SCO. I can only see this getting worse.

We are cut to the bone on frontend. It's so bad that I was in another store this week, standing in line waiting, and a guy said, "man, this is as bad as Target."

Ugh.
Eh AP has metrics just like everyone else. Obviously they’re going to push hard if they care about their job, they don’t always expect you to be 100% but if they gave you some slack “ehh don’t worry about that guy no big deal it was just a dyson” you wouldn’t be trying your hardest because you see that AP doesn’t care. If they want results they need to be pushy. As long as you’re doing all you can don’t sweat it, you’re doing them a favor so unless you miss something because you were blatantly ignoring SCO then you’re fine.

This thread is LOL worthy. But as stated, only places cameras shouldnt be is restrooms and fitting rooms. Everywhere else is fair play if APBP and/or the STL approves. My store has plenty of hidden cameras.

This thread is LOL worthy. But as stated, only places cameras shouldnt be is restrooms and fitting rooms. Everywhere else is fair play if APBP and/or the STL approves. My store has plenty of hidden cameras.
So cameras can be installed in the break room/TL offices?

So cameras can be installed in the break room/TL offices?

If there's enough reason to convince an APBP that it's necessary, yeah. But only for suspicion of theft or gross misconduct, etc. Like... your intel better be pretty damn solid to warrant that sort of setup for a covert. It definitely wouldn't be a "well let's set up the camera and just see what's goin on" sort of thing.

It also depends on the state; some states don't allow monitoring of employee break rooms (reasonable expectation of privacy, etc)... but ultimately if the company can argue in court that it had a legitimate business reason (not something like union-busting), then it might still be allowed/legal.

But I ain't no lawyer.

Last edited:
I'm certain there's a hidden camera in the fitting room closet. A lot of the softlines folks don't realize it I think, they go in to adjust their bra or to change into the black New at Target shirts if they are handed one at work. I tell my coworkers as I can when I see them going in there, but I'm sure AP gets quite the show.

That will never happen due to Spots bandwidth capabilities. Dummy cameras, however...

That will never happen due to Spots bandwidth capabilities. Dummy cameras, however...
Maybe there's bandwidth problems because AP eats up most of the bandwidth and the rest of the store gets the leftovers?

I dunno. A couple years ago they yanked out a lot of cameras. The one in FA was a dummy, much to my surprise. The zebras and other devices are the real bandwidth users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back