Archived Is corporate out of their freaking minds!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daverising

Cart Attendant/Cashier of Doom!!!
So basically, we just found out that after a store review by corporate, they said they wanted to reduce the amount of salvage by, of all things, having no boxes at guest service to put CRC or Salvage in at the end of the night, shrinking the salvage bin to about a 1 1/2 gallon box, and getting rid of all the 3 tiers at guest service!

The line of thinking, is that if we don’t have this stuff, salvage would be lighter because we’d be less likely to put stuff in it.

Now guest service looks hideous all day because we have no place to put anything, and everyone is pissed. We literally have to search through piles to find CRC at the end of the night!

Is this happening at any other store, or is our management blaming their poor decisions on Coporate?

So basically, we just found out that after a store review by corporate, they said they wanted to reduce the amount of salvage by, of all things, having no boxes at guest service to put CRC or Salvage in at the end of the night, shrinking the salvage bin to about a 1 1/2 gallon box, and getting rid of all the 3 tiers at guest service!

The line of thinking, is that if we don’t have this stuff, salvage would be lighter because we’d be less likely to put stuff in it.

Now guest service looks hideous all day because we have no place to put anything, and everyone is pissed. We literally have to search through piles to find CRC at the end of the night!

Is this happening at any other store, or is our management blaming their poor decisions on Coporate?
Give them what they want and toss the shit instead lol

Are you sure it is due to the massive amounts of salvage? Our group started tracking toss items and instead told us to salvage them out instead of overriding them to toss since we get paid for salvage stuff versus paying to have them haul the compactor away. Something about this doesn't make sense... unless it is another one of hq's "tests".

Are they thinking GSTL should be taking stuff back to Receiving throughout the day? Based on what they did with abandons where they didn’t want any abandons and sales floor almost had to get them immediately, seems like that might be the direction they are going

Are they thinking GSTL should be taking stuff back to Receiving throughout the day? Based on what they did with abandons where they didn’t want any abandons and sales floor almost had to get them immediately, seems like that might be the direction they are going

To bad they are not actually staffing people to pick up the stuff.. The one or two people they have are busy pushing the truck and being stuck on a check lane for most of their day..

Obviously, this person has never worked at GS. One comforter would fill that box up in no time.

Those high level guys get paid the big bucks to come up with smart ideas like this. When a regional comes over have them take a look at guest service, the situation will explain itself. Of course the STL and ETLGE will tell you to hide the mess to make the store look better, which is sort of a bad thing if they don't see the issue.

Those high level guys get paid the big bucks to come up with smart ideas like this. When a regional comes over have them take a look at guest service, the situation will explain itself. Of course the STL and ETLGE will tell you to hide the mess to make the store look better, which is sort of a bad thing if they don't see the issue.

The ideas they are pumping out lately are among the worst I have seen for the longest period of time. Again, I pointed out that the problem is the way Target has been hiring and promoting managers for the last 15-20 years...

What do you expect to happen when you only hire mostly recent college grads without work experience? What happens when you’re promoting these ETLs that are the best looking, cockiest, most apathetic, and least self-aware among their peers? And you do this for over a decade!

We saw and complained about these ETLs when they were in our stores. They talked the talk, and we let them because trying to get them promoted was the fastest way to get them out of our hair! They became STLs, DTLs, GVPs, and BPs. Now we wonder why it seems like every idea comes from someone who didn’t work in a store! I’ll give you one worse... they did work in a store, they just sucked at it and pushed really hard to promote so they didn’t have to work in the store anymore.

The ideas they are pumping out lately are among the worst I have seen for the longest period of time. Again, I pointed out that the problem is the way Target has been hiring and promoting managers for the last 15-20 years...

What do you expect to happen when you only hire mostly recent college grads without work experience? What happens when you’re promoting these ETLs that are the best looking, cockiest, most apathetic, and least self-aware among their peers? And you do this for over a decade!

We saw and complained about these ETLs when they were in our stores. They talked the talk, and we let them because trying to get them promoted was the fastest way to get them out of our hair! They became STLs, DTLs, GVPs, and BPs. Now we wonder why it seems like every idea comes from someone who didn’t work in a store! I’ll give you one worse... they did work in a store, they just sucked at it and pushed really hard to promote so they didn’t have to work in the store anymore.

This is the scalding hot tea.. :cool:

Exactly, like when we get visits we're told to hide reshops, everything and it's not fair to cashiers who already work in cramped spaces, nor the Gsa, cause once the visit is over we have the daunting task of resorting the bs.

Exactly, like when we get visits we're told to hide reshops, everything and it's not fair to cashiers who already work in cramped spaces, nor the Gsa, cause once the visit is over we have the daunting task of resorting the bs.

Why I make sure to not hide crap.

I think I'm gonna go work here.
drinkbeer.gif

p14273768_b_v8_aa.jpg

This is so spot on. The most effective members of my store's management team are the ones who have been around at least as long as I have. Our stl is great and all, but entered the company, as far as I know, as Food BP. Spends a little time as a nomadic etl overseeing various remodel projects then gets tossed in as stl. It's been three years and he still fumbles over basic concepts from time to time. (No PA should ever have to teach their own current stl, and former food BP(!!!) how to place an order.) And our etls aren't much better. Only one of them has been with the company for more than a decade. The rest are all in their late twenties to early thirties and have had little to no managerial experience before Target.

The best leaders in our store, generally, are the Seniors due to the fact that they're where they are today by putting in the time and effort necessary to become good leaders.

Hell, years ago my store hired a fresh-out-of-college 22-year-old Etl HL who lasted less than a year before she was told by our former Stl that shes was actually working too hard and too close to the team, rendering the tl ineffective, and had a choice to make in order to move forward: either stick to delegation and office dwelling, or leave. She left. And that situation has always perfectly exemplified how fucked up the Etl hiring practices and expectations are.

Superstore - are they wearing suit jackets AND vests???

Uhh we’ve been doing this forever. Have the cart attendant take it back every once in a while and build it onto the salvage pallet? This doesn’t seem like a big deal.
Same with reshop. Get the sales floor team to come and grab it more often.

Same with reshop. Get the sales floor team to come and grab it more often.

Are you out of your freaking mind? Morning crew, push, pricing, plano and whatever other E2E tasks there are on top of reshop and zone, evening crew a whopping two, maybe three people, having to finish up whatever the morning crew didn't plus reshop and zone. There's always at least a couple calls for backup, bad days the TMs will be on registers for a long, long time. And you think that having to take the time to walk from the FR at the back of the store to the front of the store far more often than already done is going to make things more efficient? It takes time to make that walk to the front and then back to the FR, and there's always the chance that you will be stopped along the way, so best time saver is to wait as long as possible and getting a larger amount of reshop at one time.

I don't know I guess I don't think this is a big deal. We've been doing exactly this for the last at least year and a half. Working reshop little by little throughout the day and into the evening leaves us with no reshop at the end of the night and it's not like we get tons of hours of payroll either. TMs have been averaging ~22 hrs for the last month and a half.

There's a thread on this same exact thing from like 6 months ago maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back