Archived Is hourly wage for TL position negotiable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a high possibility that I'll be transferring locations and I'll be promoted to TL. I know people that get salary (aka ETL,STL's) can negotiate their pay but is it possible for TL's who get paid hourly to do that as well?

There's a high possibility that I'll be transferring locations and I'll be promoted to TL. I know people that get salary (aka ETL,STL's) can negotiate their pay but is it possible for TL's who get paid hourly to do that as well?

As a regular TL and not a senior? I highly doubt you would get anything above the starting rate unless you can make a strong case as to pay you deserved to be paid more.

Yeah, regular TL. I've been working for Target for almost 10 years now. I just graduated college so I was interested in moving up in the company. So my training would be minimal since I'm cross-trained in other areas of the store (HL, SL, Fitting Room, Guest Service, cashier, self-checkout, amongst other things). Plus, I'm a competent employee. Always on time, diligent worker, etc. My STL has given me recognition several times. I've worked at my current store and a previous one so I have plenty of references who can back me up. These are just a few things that I feel will help my case. I just want to hear opinions because idk if it's appropriate or not to ask since it's not a managerial position.

You need to ask. If you are as good as you say you are, spot would of put you on the tl bench. You can’t ask for higher pay when you are not offered the job.

I’m about to transfer to a different store I make way above what a tl at the new store makes , but given the fact that I’m a key carrier I wasn’t gonna go back to 16 or 17 h I know my value so I was able to keep my pay once I go to the new store.

Yeah, regular TL. I've been working for Target for almost 10 years now. I just graduated college so I was interested in moving up in the company. So my training would be minimal since I'm cross-trained in other areas of the store (HL, SL, Fitting Room, Guest Service, cashier, self-checkout, amongst other things). Plus, I'm a competent employee. Always on time, diligent worker, etc. My STL has given me recognition several times. I've worked at my current store and a previous one so I have plenty of references who can back me up. These are just a few things that I feel will help my case. I just want to hear opinions because idk if it's appropriate or not to ask since it's not a managerial position.
You’ll get a $4 raise.

You can definitely negotiate. I’ve seen TMs and TLs fight for themselves and the STL gave in to them. It doesn’t have anything to do with the HRBPs, BPs are just there to support stores. The STL has complete power to give raises and only have to justify their reasoning to DTLs. Once a higher pay rate is entered its just seen as an hour of payroll, not an actual $ value.

ETLs and PMTs are the only positions the STL can’t just give a raise to with out higher up partnering outside of annual reviews. That’s it’s own thread in itself tho

Definitely negotiable. Negotiated almost a decent amount higher than base when I was promoted. Be sure to be able to back up why you’re worth more than base pay though.

Last edited:
Worst you can be told is no. I wish team members could negotiate pay, I feel like my department just does way more than another department. A $.60 raise would be great even lol.

I negotiated going into my TL position. I also had multiple offers on the table. ASANTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back