Is it just me...

If my unload is 15mins 20 mins behind I'm in the office. If there was roll (because the leader after me didnt follow up) I'm in the office. I didn't write the Tms workload down the very minute of their shift I'm in the office. I recently had a death in the family and my leader was more concerned if I was going to call out. Never once asked if I was okay. I work very hard for this company, why are they so cold. I thought target was about the work life balance? Is this happening to just Me? I feel like I am always busting hump and others get so sit in the office and drink Starbucks all day

Sorry you are getting such cold and shabby treatment. It’s not just happening to you. ASANTS, I suppose, but Target used to be concerned about things like work/life balance, the welfare and happiness of TMs and high team morale back in the Fast, Fun and Friendly days, but those days are long gone, replaced by the dog-eat-dog culture of Modernization where all that counts is how much pressure leadership can put on people to get them to squeeze 8 hours of work into their 4 hour shifts. Seems like Spot thinks that if the push all warmth and humanity out of the workplace, the team members will become the cheap, low maintenance little automations that they would obviously prefer to actual human beings. Hope things improve for you, if you on any level of CA you might want to dust off your resume and start looking for greener pastures. It’s a fact of life that businesses who do not appreciate their hard workers lose them to businesses that do. Good luck!

Quick wise advice, get the fuck out. Yes ASANTS but a vast majority treat their employees like shit. Go where you can use your talents and hopefully respected.
Sorry Captain but I don't believe that the vast majority of management in Target treat their TMs like shit. Mine cannot be the only store in the entire company with cream puffs for leadership.

Last edited:
If you're planning to leave for another retail position please keep in mind that all retail basically sucks. Of all of the places I've been, Target has been the best in terms of how they treat their employees (even from the corp level). My store has a wonderful management team, though everyone knows what stores in the district do not lol I have over 20 yrs experience in retail and this has been the only place that hasn't been literal hell on Earth (even with COVID going on. Like the others said, ASANTS, but leave on a good note just in case you're not happy somewhere else.

Yes. Our opening mgmt new store was great, we had a great time. Worked our asses off but it was fun, respectful and generally not bad. I know nothing about Walmart and wonder what their work dynamic is like. I just had enough, so I left.

Back