Is it possible to have supposed to recieve a job offer but didn't?

I'm in a weird situation. I worked seasonally last year, and was encouraged to apply again this year. I interviewed during the job fair weekend that happened recently and it seemed like it went well, but I didn't hear anything back. Originally I was told I would hear something by the end of that day. I called several times over the following week and no one seemed to be able to give me an answer about the status of my application. Eventually after a week I assumed they rejected me and just forgot to put it through the system or something. But I happened to run into an ETL I worked with last year and she was like "I saw that you applied again, when are you going through orientation?" And I was like uh, I'm pretty sure I didn't get the job. She looked really confused and told me that the person who interviewed me told her they loved me and that I was definitely going to be brought on. She seemed really confused and of course hr wasn't there today so she said she would ask them about it tomorrow. I went to go check on workplace what the status of the application I put in was, and it still says "in progress" like it has been for almost a month now.

Does this happen sometimes? Is it probably too late for me to still get a job there even though I apparently should have gotten it a couple of weeks ago? I'm totally bummed out, somehow the idea of getting rejected is easier than thinking I should have got a job offer and missed it.

Another reason I think this might be the case is I applied to another Target after I assumed that I got rejected, and I got a rejection email quickly that said due to my "employment status" at Target they couldn't consider me for a job.

Go by the store. You can’t apply to multi targets with in 60 days. Talk to that etl again.

Actually since the update to Workday you can apply to and interview at multiple stores. There not even a filter to stop you from applying to multiple positions within the same store. This is why the there is only 1 seasonal link that encompasses all the seasonal jobs. Only once you are moved to background check does it block you out.

I’ve had a few people slip through with the new hiring process. They’ll move you forward but the email is never sent. Always good to call and check on the status. That’s just a rule of thumb for any job you apply for. Always call, it shows your interest and put your name in their head if they’re on the fence about multiple candidates

I’ve had a few people slip through with the new hiring process. They’ll move you forward but the email is never sent. Always good to call and check on the status. That’s just a rule of thumb for any job you apply for. Always call, it shows your interest and put your name in their head if they’re on the fence about multiple candidates
I did call a few times, and came into the store once, but no one I talked to had any idea about the status of my application, not even hr. I felt like I had called so many times I was becoming a nuisance.

Little update to this situation - ETL asked hr and hr said yes, I was supposed to get an offer. She asked me yesterday, did I get the email yet? Still no email. She said he was supposed to send it that morning.

Of course the hr guy is not here today so I cannot contact anyone. So frustrating. I can't believe how messy this is.

Little update to this situation - ETL asked hr and hr said yes, I was supposed to get an offer. She asked me yesterday, did I get the email yet? Still no email. She said he was supposed to send it that morning.

Of course the hr guy is not here today so I cannot contact anyone. So frustrating. I can't believe how messy this is.

This time of year can get hectic! Most stores schedule their HR Team member when the ETL HR isn’t there. Sorry it’s been so frustrating

This time of year can get hectic! Most stores schedule their HR Team member when the ETL HR isn’t there. Sorry it’s been so frustrating
I really wish it was still done in store...I wouldn't have fallen through the cracks like this. And it's so hard to get in touch with hr at my store. Most days they say sorry, hr isn't here today. I kind of feel doomed that I'm never going to get the email at this point if there's no other options. Everyone I worked with last year who came back for seasonal again is already done with orientation and working again. I won't be able to work black Friday or make money in time for Christmas. It's sad.

Three different ETL-HRs at my store flat out said to tell applicants we'll contact them when a determination was made, no one was (ever) available. The operators who took a message and promised a call back or said to call on X day when HR was in either hadn't been told directly what to do or were nonconfrontational and would rather put them off to be some other operator's problem.

Three different ETL-HRs at my store flat out said to tell applicants we'll contact them when a determination was made, no one was (ever) available. The operators who took a message and promised a call back or said to call on X day when HR was in either hadn't been told directly what to do or were nonconfrontational and would rather put them off to be some other operator's problem.
That’s super shitty. Because there is definitely times when people slip through.

Back