Archived Is it true that people don’t usually make it past their first 90 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard that usually management will fire people before their first 90 days is up. I heard a few people say that the day before their 90 days they were let go. Is this true? Does it happen a lot?

I would say it’s not bc of management but bc of the TM themselves.

That’s what I was thinking to. Maybe they just didn’t want to do the work or can’t handle the hours

When I was a peer trainer, one of my cashier trainees was struggling & looking rather pale while sweating profusely.
I asked if he was okay & he said "I don't think I can do this".
I turned him over to the ETL-HR & never saw him again.
Lasted just over an hour.
Another TM was cut loose after orientation when she approached the HRTM with her schedule demands.
Turns out this was a second job & she was trying to modify her availability.
The ETL-HR overheard her, told her that she'd been hired based on an 'open' availability & that she obviously lied so the job was withdrawn & the 'former' TM was pointed to the exit.

It costs a lot to hire, onboard, and train people. Target wants you to make it. At the same time, there will be people who just aren't going to make it (see above), and it is best to cut them loose asap. Show up, pay attention, don't be a jerk, and do the job. You will be fine.

The people that are let go before their 90 days are typically the people you can look at and understand...they will not make it 90 days.

We have hired 6 people in the past two months , 2 of them are already gone, 1 due to attendance, the other due to performance. Another is on a final for attendance, one is so lousy, she wants to switch workcenters (F that, not gonna happen) that leaves 2 that might work out, 1 already had attendance issues. How do people just bounce from job to job? I know my work center is not that bad..... but people can’t fing keep a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back