Is Target considered a grocery/food industry? Covid vaccine eligibility

All Target TMs who are eligible in their states should get first dibs!
I agree, but unfortunately it’s not going to workout that way. We have to make appointments like everyone else. The communication also encouraged us to look at all centers outside of target for appointments, what a joke lol. There was some list that we could put our name on where I think if there’s unused doses at the end of the day, we could get them or something like that, but I don’t know the details.

There are still alot of seniors and the vulnerable that still have not or cannot get an appt for their shots. I will worry about me after I hear the number of vaccines have been given to that group
I agree but I will say I did get a bit bent when teachers in my state got bumped up the line since Karen doesn't want to deal with her kids anymore and bitched loud enough the Gov agreed to bump teachers so more schools can open.. They have been teaching from home for the most part in my state while we have not missed a day of work. I am not saying they don't need it, but really?

There are still alot of seniors and the vulnerable that still have not or cannot get an appt for their shots. I will worry about me after I hear the number of vaccines have been given to that group
And people with comorbidities too. That’s one of the reasons I rushed to get my shot, my mom is immunocompromized and my dad has high blood pressure and hypertension. Otherwise, I probably would’ve waited until they opened it to everyone

That's the thing. Some people's immunity conditions are such that they CAN'T get the vaccine. We, who are exposed to up to hundreds of people per day, however young and healthy we may be, are in an excellent position to spread the virus until it ultimately reaches members of the vulnerable population who can't (or choose not to) get vaccinated. That's why we're supposed to be prioritized, not necessarily for our own individual safety but to put the entire public at an advantage.

I just got my first shot but I went for the reason I work full time in education. Since Target is paying people who are getting vaccinated for their time, how can we let them know?

Does anyone know if Target is planning to work with CVS to reserve vaccine for employees (by state, presumably, once grocery workers become eligible)?

I doubt I'd be eligible for that, since I only work three nights a week (and that's fine, I'd honestly rather just be able to get it done at my store than deal with the emergency time off). My day job is offering the same, but I'm salaried, so it's more of a "go do this during the workday if you need to" which...I"d planned to do anyway because they're flexible like that in general.

Is the 4 hours of pay only if you had to take time off to get the shot? Or can anyone who got the shot use it? Even if it’s the latter, I doubt I’d be eligible anyway because I got the vaccine before they announced the incentive lol

The 4 hr pay is for 2 shots. You should ask. I believe you qualify. You get the money whether or not you took time off.
Right that’s not the part I think that disqualifies me, it’s that I got my first shot in January and second shot in February. The whole point is to incentivize people to get it, but I got mine before they announced it. So like I would completely understand if I wasn’t approved the pay lol

The more I think about it, the more it chaps my behind that we are not being offered a chance to get the vaccine first. I think we deserve it!

Eh, I think it's fair. My state originally had grocery workers higher, but then realized, duh, teachers are actually trapped for hours on end in indoor rooms with kids and maybe if we want to open the schools then maybe we should prioritize them.

Food production workers are the first non-healthcare, non-education/daycare worker group to get vaccinated, and that seems reasonable as there have been many outbreaks in meat processing plants and whatnot, but not so much at grocery stores. Our biggest risk is in the breakroom (my store opened up our conference room as a secondary breakroom, so it's not been hard to avoid people on break).

CDC includes both grocery store and school employees in Phase 1b. Again, not just for our sake but to protect the public who are frequently exposed to us and to whom we are widely exposed.
This, yes protecting the vulnerable is very important and they should be prioritized, but we also have to take into account all the people who come in contact with the public hundreds of times per day. If one of us gets it, we can be superspreaders, and a lot of old people shop at target

I agree, but unfortunately it’s not going to workout that way. We have to make appointments like everyone else. The communication also encouraged us to look at all centers outside of target for appointments, what a joke lol. There was some list that we could put our name on where I think if there’s unused doses at the end of the day, we could get them or something like that, but I don’t know the details.
That sucks. I work at a grocery store now and today was the first day our pharmacy started giving out shots. Today's and tomorrow's shots were set only for associates. We were encouraged to pick a time while we were at work and sometime other than our breaks or lunchs.

I just wished our Target store will have the information soon. I feel like it hasn’t been brought up yet that our group can get the shots. I went ahead and got it because it’s in the news and the county website plus my other workplace told us where to get the shots and that we are now eligible. Maybe our store will eventually talk about it or post something by the timeclock. Lol it’s funny we hear the PR from Target corporation in the news media about the 4 hours pay to get the shot, but the leaders in my store still don’t know about it.

Grocery store workers have certainly been coming to work with COVID since the beginning, yet I don't hear about grocery stores being hotspots for super spreader events. Guests just aren't around us long enough to be at much risk of exposure.

But the virus was still spreading when people had no where to go except grocery stores.

It kind of sucks how we have gone from Hero to Zero. People who work from home are getting their vaccines before grocery workers. I decided today that I am now a health care worker because we sell medications. They don't ask for proof so....

But the virus was still spreading when people had no where to go except grocery stores.

It kind of sucks how we have gone from Hero to Zero. People who work from home are getting their vaccines before grocery workers. I decided today that I am now a health care worker because we sell medications. They don't ask for proof so....

I've been saying this all along! Who's been hooking people up with their cough syrup and pain/fever reducers?

Back