Is there a company policy that every Target store must have a cart pusher for safety procedures and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceLuvDuh24

☮️❤️😏🏪
You see I’ve just spoken to my ETL and my SD, but I still haven’t talked to my PML that it wouldn’t be a bother we could have a cart pusher, but they said the same thing they can’t afford it this time and that our store doesn’t need one (which is completely wrong) but we do need one. Specially for the weekends, holidays and hot sunny days. Pushing carts with no cart pusher has become exhausting for us, and I in particular, get emotionally drained out.

Last edited:
Update: I talked to my PML and he definitely agrees that we DO need a cart pusher. I think he’s gonna try to do something to get us a cart pusher or a new set of metal/plastic carts which are lighter and more easier to push.

Perhaps I am a little bored and no they hardly harp on me to stay inside to cool off, only to drink water and stay cool. But I already talked to my PML and he agrees that we do need a cart pusher. So, perhaps he will convince our SD and ETL about getting us a cart pusher.
Nope. He has no power. It won’t happen.

He won’t be able to do anything about changing the carts until HQ decides on their own timeline that it’s time for new carts. Then he’ll have to sign for them lol.

As for the cart pusher, it’s entirely up to his boss.

Update: I talked to my PML and he definitely agrees that we DO need a cart pusher. I think he’s gonna try to do something to get us a cart pusher or a new set of metal/plastic carts which are lighter and more easier to push.

Nope. He has no power. It won’t happen.

He won’t be able to do anything about changing the carts until HQ decides on their own timeline that it’s time for new carts. Then he’ll have to sign for them lol.

As for the cart pusher, it’s entirely up to his boss.
Well, I’ll pray that his boss will do something about it.

What IF I record videos of myself pushing carts on hot 🥵 and busy days with me sweating 😥 and gasping for air 😮‍💨 then put them in a flash drive and give it to my team leader? That way she can show it in her meetings and maybe it could the store to consider getting us a cart pusher as their number one priority.

Last edited:
What IF I record videos of myself pushing carts on hot 🥵 and busy days with me sweating 😥 and gasping for air 😮‍💨 then put them in a flash drive and give it to my team leader? That way she can show it in her meetings and maaybe it could the store to consider getting us a cart pusher as their number one priority.

You're really committed to dying on this hill. Like others have already said, it's not up to your store- it's the PMBP's call and even then they may have budgetary limitations.

Let it go and use this energy for something more productive.

You're really committed to dying on this hill. Like others have already said, it's not up to your store- it's the PMBP's call and even then they may have budgetary limitations.

Let it go and use this energy for something more productive.
And that’s EXACTLY who I’m going to show them to: the PMBP. And no, I am not giving up. I’m sorry, I just don’t give up so easily, even if I wanted to.

How many carts are you supposed to have for your prototype, and how many do you actually have? Your ETL can tell you how many you’re supposed to have, your PML might remember, and they also might remember the actual amount you had for the last time they had to submit a carts/handbaskets survey.

What’s your average transaction count per day? And the big one: is your store scheduling appropriate coverage for front of store attendant based on plan payroll, and do you have enough trained dedicated front of store attendants who are working productively? If the answer to either of these is no, there’s no way you’ll get a cart pusher. If the answer is yes, can you demonstrate an impact to the guests experience due to the issue (NPS scores and specific feedback on surveys) or due to resources being put into getting carts instead of helping guests?

Big picture, it’s not an expensive asset, Target’s cost per unit is $2,956. Overall resources if one was added include payroll for TM training and certification on it, and it would be an additional asset for PM to maintain as well. An asset under $5,000 would be a store expense, my suggestion would be for the SD to talk to the PMBP about getting a cart pusher ordered IF you meet all of the above conditions.
They tell us to push 6 to 7 carts every time. But sometimes I push 8 to 12 carts when we’re really busy.

As Cesar Chavez once said, “We draw our strength from the very despair in which we have been forced to live. We shall endure.”

And that’s EXACTLY who I’m going to show them to: the PMBP. And no, I am not giving up. I’m sorry, I just don’t give up so easily, even if I wanted to.

They tell us to push 6 to 7 carts every time. But sometimes I push 8 to 12 carts when we’re really busy.

Showing them videos you took while you should have been focused on work and pushing more carts than is safely allowed are great ways to get written up. Your argument will be lost because you are not following simple safety protocols. They can then turn it around on you and say you're getting overheated because you are taking videos and pushing more carts than you should.

You don't win with leadership by pointing out their missteps or going above them. Or continuing to push when you've already been given an answer; there's a difference between being persistent and being obtuse to a situation.

Showing them videos you took while you should have been focused on work and pushing more carts than is safely allowed are great ways to get written up. Your argument will be lost because you are not following simple safety protocols. They can then turn it around on you and say you're getting overheated because you are taking videos and pushing more carts than you should.

You don't win with leadership by pointing out their missteps or going above them. Or continuing to push when you've already been given an answer; there's a difference between being persistent and being obtuse to a situation.
Noted, then I will not do that. It was only a suggestion.

Those plastic carts are so easy to push by hand. I miss them! We used to have them and I could push 7 at a time. The regular cart attendant pushed 40 of them at once. He was a beast though. The cart attendants preferred to push the plastic by hand. When we had our remodel, we got the new plastic/metal ones and I could only push 4 of those, Those plastic/metal ones are shit. They will separate and go in directions you don't want them to. And when they are wet, they are worse. The CA who could push 40 quit after we got the new carts. With the plastic carts, you can actually get carts faster without the machine then with it.

What IF I record videos of myself pushing carts on hot 🥵 and busy days with me sweating 😥 and gasping for air 😮‍💨 then put them in a flash drive and give it to my team leader? That way she can show it in her meetings and maybe it could the store to consider getting us a cart pusher as their number one priority.
I know, it was a dumb idea. So, let’s just give it a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back