Is there a COVID leave cap?

Does anyone know how many exposed\symptomatic COVID leaves one can take? I swear the same 3-4 people on my team are gone once a month, every month, no questions asked. And these leaves always seem to coincide with when the vacation calendar is full. Does target not require medical docs? Or is this a free way to get out of OT and give yourself a break? Testing is free in our area, so maybe call to start the loa, say you have symptoms, and then take your sweet time sending in the negative results gives you a free paid week to just chill?

Here is the backstory…..one of these COVID babies was posted all over Facebook at an MLB playoff game while out on loa. HR was informed, the Facebook posts shared, but we were told since they were out on an approved loa, nothing could be done. Seriously, you can’t reach out to the benefits team that there is some fraud going on? Especially since this is leave number too high to count? The posts were dated, clearly a program with the playoff teams was dated during this loa, and you can clearly see the stadium in the background. And the game was in another state, no way they got over COVID symptoms fast enough to get there so soon into this latest loa. But Target don’t care, just pile the extra work on the rest of us that are dumb enough to actually come into work.

Does anyone know how many exposed\symptomatic COVID leaves one can take? I swear the same 3-4 people on my team are gone once a month, every month, no questions asked. And these leaves always seem to coincide with when the vacation calendar is full. Does target not require medical docs? Or is this a free way to get out of OT and give yourself a break? Testing is free in our area, so maybe call to start the loa, say you have symptoms, and then take your sweet time sending in the negative results gives you a free paid week to just chill?
Yes, I am aware of team members who seem to milk the system, even in my store, and this really should be handled by your HR person. Document everything and I know we require test results of Covid tests. We’ve even called people out with the test results if they’ve used Covid as an excuse too many times. We’ve also contacted our HRBP over the frequent Covid excuses.

Back