Archived Is there a way to go over the STL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently in our store out west, there was a STL who was moved into our store who is very rude to guests, condescending to employees and doesn't seem to know what he is doing. Is there a way to talk to the district or regional manager about this?

You can always do a hotline call. Also heard of team members filling (pretended to be a guest) out a contact us form at Target.com. I thought at one time this information used to publish with guest comments from surgery, but don't it does any more.

Eh, just not sure I'd feel very comfortable talking to someone in-store about the STL's conduct.

I'd talk to the STL or ETL-HR about the conduct of a TL, but to talk to one of the two about the conduct of the other just seems like a way to get performanced out very quickly as I doubt it'd stay a secret from the one you complained about.

If you're not comfortable talking to them, then you can call the hotline and state that you didn't speak to your STL or ETL-HR because you didn't feel comfortable.

it takes a lot more than a team member telling the hotline that they aren't great with guests. they will look into it, but look at qualifications for stl. would you fire them cause someone misread a situation?

Hotline does shit. It's just going to get you reprimanded. Possibly act as a guest and do call to guest services. Or contact HR BP.

There is very little you can do when it comes to an STL. An STL in my district was on the local news over a year ago committing a felony(plead down to misdemeanor) and to my knowledge still has his job a year later.

Unless you have legitimate proof of he/she doing something illegal, you got nothing. You could blackmail the person. If you belong to a minority group and the STL is a male WASP, you could try to say he discriminated against you because of your minority status.

It would have to be a group effort & have to have been long enough to observe adverse effects.
If his conduct is affecting the store as a whole, the ETLs would be the ones to instigate action but even they have to tread lightly because the STL can make life miserable for them even after they leave for another store.
A few TMs (or guests) grousing about someone 'being rude' isn't going to get District's attention unless the store has other indicators - red metrics, red Steritech scores, continual loss of sales, etc.

Talk to the ETL-HR. If they are professional and do their job then whatever you say in their office should be confidential! If you get ANY retaliation of any kind from the STL or you just don't feel you can even speak with ETL-HR than call the Hotline. Also make sure you mind your Ps and Qs when working and make sure you are doing your job, do not give them a reason to "performance" you out

Last edited:
I have said this before on here in other threads but I will repeat it again. We had a stl a few years ago who treated tms , tls, and etls like crap. She was late all the time ( most of h er opening shifts) she would literally sit in her office all day doing her hair and makeup. If you tried to ask her something she roll her eyes and say well you just need to figure it out yourself. She would stand around and talk about tms, how they looked etc. She would only speak to certain tms.....then if another tm walked up to her and tried talking to her...or even spoke to her IE good morning etc....she would roll her eyes and answer...then before they were even out of ear shot she would say to the TM or Tl she did like...I cant believe that just walked up and spoke like that. Then they would both start laughing . So, with all that being said YES there are some shitty STLs out there. STLs who couldn't lead flies to poop if their life depended on it. I called the hotline at least once a week on the STL...one week I called three times and I told the hotline that I was going to keep calling till something changed. I didn't call out of spite or hoping to get her fired I called because I am not going to be treated like that. I also was not willing to let my friends/co workers be treated in that manner. In the end, the Stl was sent to another store...and later she was fired. After, she was gone we all started talking and realizing that most of us had called o n her at least once . So, there is strength in numbers. Sometimes, you cant go to the HR. Not all hr/etls are easy to talk to and even then they just run back and tell the stl what you said and who said it ...so sometimes the hotline is an option and sometimes its the only option. If you use the hotline sit down and think about what you want to say...even do a rough outline of wht you want to say. More times than not when I have called I have been nervous and when I am nervous I tend to forget things...so the outline came in handy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back