Archived Is there certification to use the power equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some kind of test or paper im supposed to have to use the electric jack,wave,stacker and baler because someone mentioned getting certified but i have been using all of the equipment daily for the past 2 years and never signed anything or did any kind of training other then heres they keys and a few minutes of how to use it

Technically, yes. Just don't get in an accident or have a near miss on it ;-)

My "training" was pretty much the same, ETL-LOG watched me drive the Wave around for 10 minutes and I never signed shit

Their is an electronic power equipment that you have to go through yearly then every 3 years there's a recertification. Best practice is any team lead who is a trainer can certify you and then key the information into the system.
Basically it's a liability issue and they want to make sure you know how to not injure yourself.
After a few years you're not as careful as you might be.

Used to be. When I was ‘being certified’ it was unanimously agreed that I should never go near said equipment.

The only actual computer training I ever did in 4 years was alcohol sales. And I wasn’t even cashier trained.

You’ll be fine. If anyone asks, tell them you are certified.

Yes, you are suppose to be certified.

You do not have to sign anything for material handling equipment certs. It’s the trainers responsibility to run you through a checklist and tell HR to key in the training.

Nothing will happen unless someone tries to pull your cert as a result of an accident or near miss.

Their is an electronic power equipment that you have to go through yearly then every 3 years there's a recertification. Best practice is any team lead who is a trainer can certify you and then key the information into the system.
Basically it's a liability issue and they want to make sure you know how to not injure yourself.
After a few years you're not as careful as you might be.
. He is right, take me on the WAV as an example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back