Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I can see your frustration, as a former freezer tm. But as a sfs tl they need to get the orders done and in the freezers within 30 minutes. On top of that with the amount of opu orders coming in i see where the problems come from. However locking the pallets behind empty green racks is not a response that is acceptable.
Also my mom works for a lab that runs the test and i took my test at there and i still had to wait a couple days for my results. There is nowhere that is getting results in 24 hours.
I meant to say too that they shouldnt be making a mess of your area though and that should be mentioned to their tl or yours if you haven't already. Ive had struggles myself with my team making a mess of the style teams back room as well as just a general mess of trash and cardboard. It has taken a while but once i made it very clear that it was unnacceptable it has gotten better

Last edited:
Thanks. I needed to sleep this off. It was my way of venting during the busiest week and I just had it with everyone at work. It's very disrespectful to just toss boxes to the floor, when their are empty racks and u boats to use. I've also requested management back in September for more green racks but nothing. Freezer is the most neglected department in my store... Did I tell you I was pulled out of my department and cover pfresh for two days because of these callouts which accumulated 5 pallets in my freezer? I'm gonna apologize tomorrow. But I'm also gonna open up about these issues.

Just a few questions...

How do you defect out wine, beer and liquor? Do you donate or toss? How to properly process each type?

Also, that Mystic Beer that is on clearance... Can we toss or donate them? I really want the space they are currently occupying. They don't sell well even when they're on clearance.

Thank you!!

Just a few questions...

How do you defect out wine, beer and liquor? Do you donate or toss? How to properly process each type?

Also, that Mystic Beer that is on clearance... Can we toss or donate them? I really want the space they are currently occupying. They don't sell well even when they're on clearance.

Thank you!!
Beer has to be defected out, poured down the drain and recycled

so C&S you ever loving scamps could ya not send us meat that expires in 2 days like boxes of it to the tune of one green rack thing all donated 'cos we ain't selling that much in a day.

oh and could you try to have who ever loads our trailers open their eyes just a smidge. the dead animals are not appreciated

The cold here is really doing a number on our beverages, it felt like I spent half the day cleaning up after leaking cases and cans. The stuff must be pretty well insulated though, I was still putting out frozen bottles of fruit juice 12 hours after the truck was unloaded!

I am at my breaking point. unload of food solo is not an ideal situation. the management at T____ is in a desperate need of… reeducation. the mold has begun to change like it is evolving before my very own eyes. the outdated spoiled and just plain ewww food that is allowed to stay on the floor is beyond comprehension. no one not one single member of the management at T-____ cares as none of it is on the metrics that our current District of Group care about.

I should not have to toss/donate multiple vehicles a day for any stretch of time.

find me corporate so we can have a chat about your deficiencies and the game plan so we can get you where we at the stores need you to be.

Mold? Call your Dept. of Health. If any part of it looks black, call OSHA as well. Call repeatedly.

Mold? Call your Dept. of Health. If any part of it looks black, call OSHA as well. Call repeatedly.
sorry mate but I need to eat and keep a roof over my head. taking a risk as we all know even posting this much here. and yes it is mold on the floor on the ceiling in the Wacos on the walls. on in around the fixtures on the salesfloor and it is black green and various shades of each.

I repeat they do not care. and if by the Grace of Elune corporate does do something we the peons of T-____ will be the ones paying the price in the end. for we do not go after the managers in charge we go after the serf in the fields.

I feel you. Scary stuff going on, everyone's being pushed to the breaking point and food safety is not anyone's priority. No wonder so many stores got yellow or red FSA last quarter..

Mold is airborne, will blow onto a surface from somewhere else, land and begin to multiply/grow on the new surface even if nothing else was there before. If you don’t remove it from everywhere - it spreads.

Mold??...... Clean it. If it’s your area then it’s your fault and problem. I repeat....Clean it.
so here's the thing it's not my area and I really really doubt me bringing in the equipment / machinery necessary to spew out bleach fog is going to go over well. or I could go the UV-C + Ozone route and run right into the Health Department/OSHA/L&I calling for my head.

or we could skip the silly shit that includes your BS post and get enough hours, equipment, material to do the most basic tasks of or job correctly. But that will never happen. I know most people that have spent any length of time down in the trenches doing the work knows this. But hey lets keep kicking the messenger in the gonads until they stop saying anything so we call all skip off to Starbucks then go back to the TSMC or whatever buzzword they are using now and slam some more of that corporate Kool-Aid.

this mold "thing" has grown quite literally beyond just wiping it down, which we do not have the right cleaning chemicals to do anyway. and no you slobbering corporate drones you really can not use bleach based products in the dairy cooler 'cos yah know death or other serious life threatening injuries can occur plus those pesky health codes.

so yeah…

so here's the thing it's not my area and I really really doubt me bringing in the equipment / machinery necessary to spew out bleach fog is going to go over well. or I could go the UV-C + Ozone route and run right into the Health Department/OSHA/L&I calling for my head.

or we could skip the silly shit that includes your BS post and get enough hours, equipment, material to do the most basic tasks of or job correctly. But that will never happen. I know most people that have spent any length of time down in the trenches doing the work knows this. But hey lets keep kicking the messenger in the gonads until they stop saying anything so we call all skip off to Starbucks then go back to the TSMC or whatever buzzword they are using now and slam some more of that corporate Kool-Aid.

this mold "thing" has grown quite literally beyond just wiping it down, which we do not have the right cleaning chemicals to do anyway. and no you slobbering corporate drones you really can not use bleach based products in the dairy cooler 'cos yah know death or other serious life threatening injuries can occur plus those pesky health codes.

so yeah…
Read the cooler cleaning label! Bleach. Report it to you PMT first.

Last edited:
im curious who does your audits ? Our PA does the audits and for some reason they dont count or even bother checking the Pfresh or freezer coolers (we dont locate products anymore), so when they "zero" the sales floor location, even though we have unpushed product in the coolers, i noticed that FDC sends us MORE of the same product the following day or 2. I think this is a flaw in the system/routine. I noticed this when they would audit and zero out some products in my bakery tables and since Bakery is sometimes neglected, they would zero out cupcakes even tho i have so much in the back. So every delivery, I would get more and more of those single cupcakes. I reported this to the manager, and now they let me handle bakery, but our PA still does FREEZER because it is in the same category as "Consumables" I get sent out freezer products of from time to time. I literally have to catch up with my push before our PA audits at the end of the day.

Read the cooler cleaning label! Bleach. Report it to you PMT first.
okay so still amazingly salty so nothing personal but what TF do you think was the first thing I did??? and you can go into an enclosed space that with bleach and see how long you last before your lungs melt. done that once and yeah not again. our poor OM person had to go to her Doc after her shift so bite me on the bleach thing.

okay so still amazingly salty so nothing personal but what TF do you think was the first thing I did??? and you can go into an enclosed space that with bleach and see how long you last before your lungs melt. done that once and yeah not again. our poor OM person had to go to her Doc after her shift so bite me on the bleach thing.
Yo bro, you need a breathalyzer for your keyboard Because you sound like a dumb ass.

Back