Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Yo bro, you need a breathalyzer for your keyboard Because you sound like a dumb ass.
Honestly, your bleach suggestion sounds like you are drinking or smoking something.

Go into your bathroom, shut the door, block all vents and cracks around the door so the room is self contained, and then start cleaning the tub with bleach. The fumes will have nowhere to go, and that's not something you want to breathe in a trapped room. Leave them bathroom, making sure all airflow is stopped, and come back later. Note how strong the fumes still are, because there is no escape path. Bleach in a small enclosed area is dangerous if you don't have a respirator.

Yo bro, you need a breathalyzer for your keyboard Because you sound like a dumb ass.
uh yeah. I am sitting here staring at your lovely comment after another stunning day. a real barn burner of solidarity to the cause. the cause of making Brother Brian's Golden Parachute that much more golden and shiny.

our stores are continually under staffed, the expectations are so divorced from reality that it is laughable, we do not have leadership at any level, our STLs can best be described as the living embodiment of "it could have been an email", all the 'legacy' Team Members are what is keeping things going (ASANTS here) ad infinitum.

Most people come here to vent, gain knowledge to improve themselves or their store, help that struggling TM, get that little bit of info that HR tends to not want to divulge 'cos reasons.

what we do not come here for is something like your comment. Now I could go on about how it makes me feel but quite frankly I don't give a flying rats ass what some one thinks about me IRL so some keyboard warrior across the interwebs things of me is of well it's not. so next time you have the feeling to type some comment above just don't because no matter what point you wanted to make or any point you will want to make in the future will be tossed because of that comment quoted above.

Hey now!
What the actual fuck?
Grownup conversation remember?
Without insulting each other.
Come on folks, I know how stressful things have been lately but just lets not.
I really don't want to get out the ax.

425.gif

I will admit, I'm confused. You say this to @balthrop and then click "love" to his response. Were you baiting?

Bottom line, bleach in an area that is fully enclosed is a really bad idea. Mold in an enclosed area really needs an expert to remove it, not a retail worker with no training and no proper equipment.

Inappropriate Language
I will admit, I'm confused. You say this to @balthrop and then click "love" to his response. Were you baiting?

Bottom line, bleach in an area that is fully enclosed is a really bad idea. Mold in an enclosed area really needs an expert to remove it, not a retail worker with no training and no proper equipment.
Are you baiting me? It’s cooler cleaner. Are you suppose to leave the door open? Dumbass should have paid attention during training or shouldn’t use it. There’s where the problem lies.

i would be really disappointed if this thread gets locked from all this drama. its my only go to to vent about my dreadful market daysssss. i might quit target if this thread gets locked tbh.

im curious who does your audits ? Our PA does the audits and for some reason they dont count or even bother checking the Pfresh or freezer coolers (we dont locate products anymore), so when they "zero" the sales floor location, even though we have unpushed product in the coolers, i noticed that FDC sends us MORE of the same product the following day or 2. I think this is a flaw in the system/routine. I noticed this when they would audit and zero out some products in my bakery tables and since Bakery is sometimes neglected, they would zero out cupcakes even tho i have so much in the back. So every delivery, I would get more and more of those single cupcakes. I reported this to the manager, and now they let me handle bakery, but our PA still does FREEZER because it is in the same category as "Consumables" I get sent out freezer products of from time to time. I literally have to catch up with my push before our PA audits at the end of the day.
There's a food cycle count and that's where you should count unlocated merchandise. Him auditing to zero should prompt the food cycle count. It will direct you to count unlocated product. I would check that after he audits. I would also coach your opu team ti check the freezer before they INF bakery and frozen to thaw meat

Anyone getting a huge amount of cereal? I've got a ton of cereal coming in that's dropping into an NCF batch when I backstock it. I can't seem to pull up the new Plano to check out what's going on either.

Our group director gave us a list of items that everyone is getting a bulk of in the coming days. The list is mostly baking and cereals. Today, we received flour and sugar. Tomorrow, we'll be getting a lot of cereal and baking again. Not sure if they're NCF. I don't think they are. If your TL is good, s/he'll be checking the truck workload for the next day and plan for it.

Anyone getting a huge amount of cereal? I've got a ton of cereal coming in that's dropping into an NCF batch when I backstock it. I can't seem to pull up the new Plano to check out what's going on either.
The boxes are changing size, probably dropping an ounce. Kroger has the new size boxes. It’s all General Mills family sizes.

I do hope we are not going to be cutting back on the amount of product we hold in the stockroom or reduce the variety we carry. I feel that if we do either than it is just going to be a slow slide down to Kmart land.

a bit on the excessive side but when we do stupid we tend to go big on the stupid in a rather alarming fashion.

Our group director gave us a list of items that everyone is getting a bulk of in the coming days. The list is mostly baking and cereals. Today, we received flour and sugar. Tomorrow, we'll be getting a lot of cereal and baking again. Not sure if they're NCF. I don't think they are. If your TL is good, s/he'll be checking the truck workload for the next day and plan for it.
When you scan it in MyDay, it doesn't show as NCF because the POG isn't in the system yet but it does all drop into an NCF batch in Fill if you backstock it. My TL and I haven't been told anything about the bulk list and even my ETL seem surprised by what's going on.

The boxes are changing size, probably dropping an ounce. Kroger has the new size boxes. It’s all General Mills family sizes.
Ugh, I was afraid of this, thank you! I'm also getting Kellog's in this mix so it's possibly all the family sizes.

We got a lot, LOOOOTS of Gen Mills Cereals today. Mostly Family sizes. Our DBO would have cried if s/he was scheduled today. 😅

Question: When we donate food, do we get full credit back? Or how much credit do we get back for donated food items?

Last edited:
I do hope we are not going to be cutting back on the amount of product we hold in the stockroom or reduce the variety we carry. I feel that if we do either than it is just going to be a slow slide down to Kmart land.

a bit on the excessive side but when we do stupid we tend to go big on the stupid in a rather alarming fashion.
Market was deliberately reducing the assortment by about 10% to alleviate in stock issues for fulfillment and online selection. I think it was in the April addendum

Market was deliberately reducing the assortment by about 10% to alleviate in stock issues for fulfillment and online selection. I think it was in the April addendum
We get (ASANTS) 10 - 15% of sales from felxis/OPU to slash anything for only 15% is well it’s Target so bring it on and let’s see how silly this will get.

Back