Archived Isn't this a big no no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my store is doing the hiring event and my ETL HR had this amazing idea to offer a free starbucks drink to fill out an application in store. But instead of paper applications he is bringing them into the TSC to fill out the online application. Isn't that a huge No? What crazy things has your HR team done to get applications/hire people?

So my store is doing the hiring event and my ETL HR had this amazing idea to offer a free starbucks drink to fill out an application in store. But instead of paper applications he is bringing them into the TSC to fill out the online application. Isn't that a huge No? What crazy things has your HR team done to get applications/hire people?

It's not crazy at all. We are under direction to bring them into TMSC since most stores got rid of the hiring kiosk. Paper applications are a huge waste of time since it's twice the work.

I will say your etl HR offering Starbucks to fill out an app is a waste of your stores money but you guys might have a hard time getting applicants.

Going to laugh if you guys don't have money for FFF days because of it

Most stores in my area did the hiring event but have to push off orientations since October payroll is a joke. I am curious if November looks any better.

Isn't there a metric for number of apps?
Nuthin' wrong with giving away a free SB drink seeing how my leadership gives them out to guests for any little perceived slight.

It's not crazy at all. We are under direction to bring them into TMSC since most stores got rid of the hiring kiosk. Paper applications are a huge waste of time since it's twice the work.

I will say your etl HR offering Starbucks to fill out an app is a waste of your stores money but you guys might have a hard time getting applicants.

That's only if they requisition them. My store used to just give drinks from Sbux to tms for various things. When I took over sbux and started to requisition them, it added up fast. Also, drinks for hiring event should come out of supplies, not 549.

Wait these still exist?

Most stores in my area did the hiring event but have to push off orientations since October payroll is a joke. I am curious if November looks any better.

I was told that orientation would be this month (I have the date/time). However, my hours would be very lite the next few weeks as there wasn't too many available.

I'm glad the shit is over.

Do they do it again? Close to xmas?

I can't remember...

FFF days?

The only FFF "day/thing" we do is cake day at the end of the month for birthdays and anniversaries. We don't do anything else ever.

They used to feed us at least once a month at the distribution center full meals seafood buffet have it catered or Ruby Tuesday’s might come in and do ribs and chicken various other restaurants but they cut way back on that now we get one good meal between Thanksgiving and Christmas other than that it’s hotdogs nachos and cheese popcorn ice cream Small things like that

Probably feeding the ETL's and STL a nice lunch everyday lol.
I wish our store didn't do the calendar anymore, I hate coloring lol.

About 10:30am everyday you hear the ETL's and their pet TL's going to 4 to talk about who is going to get lunch for everyone, at 11a you watch one of the ETL's sneak out and come back with huge bags of food then all of them disappear into the STL office for over an hour ignoring the radio while they eat.. I get they need to eat I don't deny them that ever, but you gotta answer the radio and let in 239, poor guy standing there for 15min isn't cute..

About 10:30am everyday you hear the ETL's and their pet TL's going to 4 to talk about who is going to get lunch for everyone, at 11a you watch one of the ETL's sneak out and come back with huge bags of food then all of them disappear into the STL office for over an hour ignoring the radio while they eat.. I get they need to eat I don't deny them that ever, but you gotta answer the radio and let in 239, poor guy standing there for 15min isn't cute..

Tell him to leave. Most services have a 7 or 8 minute wait in the contract.

but you gotta answer the radio and let in 239, poor guy standing there for 15min isn't cute..
Not to mention totally unsafe for them to be sitting there for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back