Archived Issue with pulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m a FA tm cross trained everywhere besides cart attendant and backroom/Plano (logistics stuff). I’ve noticed when I get thrown into Hardlines, the push line is always OVERFLOWING with carts. None of the carts are marked and honestly our store has lost/broken all our clips in the last 6 months, they stopped ordering more. While attempting to “push” from the line I’ve noticed that things are really strange with these push carts. Some carts are mostly unpacked items (so no cardboard) that are 90% back stock. And I’m not exaggerating, it seems like the only thing that those carts contain is the stuff we are already filled on the salesfloor. Other carts will just be random crap carts of stuff scattered around the store that I’m told are “push”. Sometimes I will get push carts that mostly all go out and it’s made me realize how frustrating this is when I’m asked to perform salesfloor activities. I have generally no experience with backroom function, Plano, instocks, .ect I’m very ignorant to that side of the operation. If you have any other question to help give insight about this issue, please ask! Hoping someone can help me figure this out

Anyway this can be figured out which is which with a device?

My initial thought is if the on the floor is way above the capacity it's likely backstock but someone may point out that isn't necessarily true.

Anyway this can be figured out which is which with a device?

My initial thought is if the on the floor is way above the capacity it's likely backstock but someone may point out that isn't necessarily true.
Elaborate on the first part with the device. I’ve thought the same thing, they are mostly accurate and I’ve noticed it SAYS we have completely different quantities then what’s there’s, also on hand counts are ridiculous like I don’t even know what to trust at this point

@kylespot when @HRZone said use a device, it shows when the item/items were last pulled and or if it is even needed on the floor. As you have stated and others can attest, this isn’t always accurate. My suggestion is partner with someone in the work center you have questions about as so there won’t be any inaccuracies.

That would drive me batty, kyle. If it doesn't have a green or yellow clip on it, we ignore it, unless it has a pink one then we add our backstock to it. Ain't nobody got time for that.

As a Market TM, I often noticed the autopulls couldn't be pushed to the floor when I used to push dry. I always update the capacity with a myDevice (how many really fit?), but it doesn't always seem to help. I think it's the same type of system issue as items randomly not being pulled, even with 0 on the floor, unless you create a Research batch. FWIW, It doesn't seem to happen as much with dairy, meat, or frozen.

Is the rest of the backroom a mess? If so, the backroom team could be sending out old backstock to be repushed if it's been sitting for a few days/weeks.

Some of these issues stem from how the system is set up. Autofills are based on what units are forecasted to sell in a day or what was forecasted too sell the previous day. Manual pulls are based on actual units sold through the registers/fulfillment process. This explains how a manual pull off 1000 eaches can result in less backstock coming back than an autofill of 250 eaches.

BTW, once pulls are moved to the Move app on the Zebra devices, they are suppose to be based on the same system as manuals currently are. I'm sure there will be problems with the app, but at least someone is addressing the problem with autofills.

The line is always going to be piled up with literal tons of backstock mixed with push because it's the holiday season. There is a truck every single day. People call out, people go home early, people aren't scheduled when they should be, seasonals are dumb and there aren't enough people and enough Zebras and enough hours in the day to boot. So that means push gets left unpushed and backstock gets left unbackstocked and it starts to snowball until you're quickly past the point where you can really do anything about it on your own. I'm just biding my time until the trucks stop coming so I can go back to getting shit done (fond memories). Yesterday I found some repacks full of push that I had to leave on the line at the end of my shift on Monday. This has truly been a historically lame year and I cannot WAIT for it to be over and done

Ive always figured it was something with the actual system, most of the team leads I’m close with say often how the sales floor quantities are screwed up. I’m just frustrated with hardlines and the lack of organization. This issue persists all year but becomes unmanageable during 4th quarter. So potentially any other ideas on what could be done to help identify or tell if a push vehicle is going to go out or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back