Archived it has been literally 90+ degrees in the backroom for the last 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
:disappoint:2 days and the AC still doesnt work, blows hot air almost like the heat is on, or stockroom crew just up and left because it was so hot back there. youd think something like broken AC would be fixed quick

Call OSHA anonymously and ask them to check into the situation!

Ours has been the same way, but for almost a week now. They said its waiting on parts......

Our AC unit is vibrating so loud that you can hear it throughout the store. it has been spotty previously and will probably die soon. A repair order was put out, but somehow I have a feeling it will die and not get fixed for a few days.

That's how my old store was. But it was all over the store. The fridges and freezers would constantly break down due to the heat. Even having a few guest faint due to the heat didn't help out. From what I heard though getting the pfresh remodel allowed them to purchase a new ac for the store.

weird, out store the backroom is always coolest (feels like when you walk down to a basement in a hot house... but without changing floors), and the salesfloor is an oven. Whenever i go back there to get something for a guest if there is none on the floor, i take the long way to the salesfloor to cool off.

sad thing is they are brand new units, not even a year old and they have been worked on easily a dozen times

Same here. But its becuase they're still trying to get the store's power un-wonked. Its usually not that bad even when its hot outside (which is often).

what i think is funny. It's hot in our store as well, our Maintenance Guy walked around with his little thermometer and checked the temps throughout the store and said it was to Standards...
We were sitting in front of our DTLs outside office door because it was the only spot with shade where we could smoke... and they opened the door and the COLDEST wave of air came out of there...lol... now we know where the AC air is going...

And then, when it's 72 in the store by winter time, everyone is going to complain how they are freezing... tsk tsk

Our store is hotter than a dry sauna but it's because of the remod. Easily 1/4 of the ceiling tiles have been removed over where the Pfreash wiring & coolant lines will eventually go so what little cool air is there is chillin' the rafters.

They have to save money and guests aren't in the backroom so it doesn't matter to the higher ups if workers sweat a little. The AC goes off at 10pm and is off until 8am just for the guests comfort.

I don't know about you guys but we have a pretty cool STL. He took pictures with himself and a thermometer giving a thumbs up while the thermometer read 85+ in most of the store. He sent that up to corporate three times and now magically our a/c is fixed. Our store is cool once again. Before that though he put a styrofoam cup over the temp sensor in the breakroom to trick the a/c into turning on because it thought it was too hot. I have a crazy amount of respect for my STL.

I don't know about you guys but we have a pretty cool STL. He took pictures with himself and a thermometer giving a thumbs up while the thermometer read 85+ in most of the store. He sent that up to corporate three times and now magically our a/c is fixed. Our store is cool once again. Before that though he put a styrofoam cup over the temp sensor in the breakroom to trick the a/c into turning on because it thought it was too hot. I have a crazy amount of respect for my STL.

That is so awesome. I'm jealous!

I like your Stl!:thumbsup:

If my STL was that awesome, I'd still be working for Target: mine is TERRIBLE. I'm glad to hear that not all of them graduated from B*tch Academy. :thumbsup:

Today My store decide to turn off AC in backroom and reduce AC usage on salefloor! Also they post on door said they are reduce AC and turn off some light because they are expecting we will maximum usage on electric! I dont see anything in newspaper or hear anything on radio! I guess Target is try to reduce electric bill during high heat wave! I arent forward to work tomorrow early morning with no AC!

they got the part and the receving AC still doesnt work, but the breakroom is now a brisk 55 degrees :disappoint:

Sorry, couldn't hear you with the freezer door shut. Ah, whataya mean I gotta come back up to the lanes? @#$%!
*stomps back to the lanes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back