Archived Items that guests ask for

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months ago someone asked for Parmalat milk and I was very surprised we didn't carry it. They added it in the newest tea transition though.

Tonight a guest asked me about glycerin soap. I had never heard of it, and he was annoyed because nobody knew where it was. He eventually found it and caught up with me at the front end, and I scanned it to see where it was located.

If your store carries it, it should be in the aisle where the face creams are located.

I had to guys asking me for washing soda. We do not carry it but I guess Walmart does. I know this because they both kept saying, "They carry it at Walmart.".

Tonight a guest asked me about glycerin soap. I had never heard of it, and he was annoyed because nobody knew where it was. He eventually found it and caught up with me at the front end, and I scanned it to see where it was located.

It's something, I think a Thickener? used in Soap Making..

It's something, I think a Thickener? used in Soap Making..
Glycerin soap is usually a mild facial soap bar that's translucent. The glycerin is like a moisturizer.

I had to guys asking me for washing soda. We do not carry it but I guess Walmart does. I know this because they both kept saying, "They carry it at Walmart.".

That's a water softener thing. Your supposed to pour it in with your detergent, and it helps the detergent work better.

Another use for it, is "homemade laundry detergent", which is a really, really bad idea. I don't know everything about the subject, but a good friend of mine worked at Procter & Gamble, and I've been told that homemade stuff overtime leaves your clothes very stiff (especially in hard water areas..) and whites very dingy. I honestly wouldn't touch the stuff.

I myself. I like using German Persil, or Ariel. There much better at cleaning, if you can find them. Tide or Up & Up is also good though.

If your store carries it, it should be in the aisle where the face creams are located.

Yep, by the facial cleansers....it's a clear bar, kind of like the Neutrogena (which also contains glycerin, but also other ingredients). The pure glycerin is clear/milky. We also have glycerin back in pharmacy in a liquid form (at least most of us do, on the NOP shelf).

That's a water softener thing. Your supposed to pour it in with your detergent, and it helps the detergent work better.

Another use for it, is "homemade laundry detergent", which is a really, really bad idea. I don't know everything about the subject, but a good friend of mine worked at Procter & Gamble, and I've been told that homemade stuff overtime leaves your clothes very stiff (especially in hard water areas..) and whites very dingy. I honestly wouldn't touch the stuff.

I myself. I like using German Persil, or Ariel. There much better at cleaning, if you can find them. Tide or Up & Up is also good though.

It depends on which formula you use. Most of them have Borax in them, which is actually very good for whitening clothes (better than bleach and doesn't harm colors). One of the pluses to homemade is that it doesn't leave as much of a residue as the commercial stuff and if you use vinegar as a fabric softener (the smell doesn't linger), they come out just as soft as if you use a regular fabric softener (my grandma swore by vinegar because commercial fabric softener can leave a residue in your towels that makes them LESS absorbent)...honestly, do you think someone who works for a manufacturer of laundry detergent is going to say the homemade stuff is better???

.honestly, do you think someone who works for a manufacturer of laundry detergent is going to say the homemade stuff is better???

No, I don't. However, as a very close friend, I highly doubt they'd have a reason to lie to me, nor tell me something wrong. I'm not going to argue about anything, I was just sharing what I had been told about the subject. All I know is, I'm not one who wants to risk limescale damage to my $2,000 front loader, nor do I want anything but completely clean clothes, every time. I like what my "Chemical Detergent", does, and I'm sticking with it.

I have Shirts, years old in my closet, that still do look like the day I bought them. No Cotton Pilling, or Fuzziness. No Fading. Nothing.

And as for Residues.. Your supposed to have a minimal amount of lingering detergent, in the 1st Rinse, and nothing in the 2 & 3rd. You want detergent residue in your 1st rinse, as it helps suspend soils such as Dirt, Stains, from redepositing on your clothes.

I'm not going to argue with anyone here, or start a fight. I like my stuff, and I'm not changing, however, what you do, with your washer is your business. I was just personally sharing what I had been told..

And as for Fabric Softener, It itself, is nothing more then a bottle of Animal Fat. We're I grew up, no one ever bought the stuff, and neither did we, so I just don't. Considering I know how the crap works, I myself don't want it on, my CLEAN clothes. REALLY BEEF FAT ON CLEAN CLOTHES. WHO WANT'S THAT?

I do however have a Dryer Bar, and since I never use my Dryer, I'm still waiting for the thing to say Refill, after two & half years. Maybe Someday :p

Yep, by the facial cleansers....it's a clear bar, kind of like the Neutrogena (which also contains glycerin, but also other ingredients). The pure glycerin is clear/milky. We also have glycerin back in pharmacy in a liquid form (at least most of us do, on the NOP shelf).

Yeah, Neutrogena was the brand he found.

I feel like you'd have to wear and wash a shirt every day for months to get fading pilling fuzziness. I'd still have stuff from high school (I'm 25) if my butt had never grown in. Other than the occasional mustard spot, I think it's just easier to try my hardest not make my laundry detergent do too much work. I did recently fade some work pants, though (using Tide) because they're my favorite pants and they were cheap, $12 f21 pants.

I don't use fabric softener (sensitive skin, sensitive nose, hate the filmy feel... and I actually like my clothes stiff in comparison to non softened ones. sue me) but most brands don't use the tallow derivative junk anymore. Too many vegans and vegetarians in this day and age to let that fly.

Back on topic, we are in the same shopping center as a Michael's and Target has never had a great craft section to begin with but everyone comes in looking for sewing stuff, yarn, miscellaneous crafting junk... why? Before Sandy, a bunch of people came in looking for generators and we're next door to home depot. I gave them a pass that time, because HD sold out and they were desperate, but when people come in for other real hardware stuff that we don't have, it bugs me a little. Maybe they just think that if we have it, we'll have the lower price?

I did recently fade some work pants, though (using Tide) because they're my favorite pants and they were cheap, $12 f21 pants.
My personal believe is, jeans, and pants deserve there own separate wash, in COLD water. As long as there not stained heavily, they'll come out clean and they'll take much longer to fade.

If your trying to purposely fade something though, go and look for Bluing at the Grocery Store. It's supposed to be used for Whites, but it's a very strong brightener and will quickly fade colors.

Back on topic, we are in the same shopping center as a Michael's and Target has never had a great craft section to begin with but everyone comes in looking for sewing stuff, yarn, miscellaneous crafting junk... why?

This happens at every store... It's just another, mysterious question will never understand.

Back on topic, we are in the same shopping center as a Michael's and Target has never had a great craft section to begin with but everyone comes in looking for sewing stuff, yarn, miscellaneous crafting junk... why? Before Sandy, a bunch of people came in looking for generators and we're next door to home depot. I gave them a pass that time, because HD sold out and they were desperate, but when people come in for other real hardware stuff that we don't have, it bugs me a little. Maybe they just think that if we have it, we'll have the lower price?
I know that before we had the Pfresh remodel we had a much larger tool and crafts selection.
So of course we still got people who come in looking for things we hadn't had for years.
"Your electronics department used to be back here."
It hasn't been for more then 2 years which goes to show how often you shop here.
We also get things for a short while, I remember we had Provocrafts scrap booking stuff (my wife's really into it) for a while and then they stopped carrying it.

Back on topic, we are in the same shopping center as a Michael's and Target has never had a great craft section to begin with but everyone comes in looking for sewing stuff, yarn, miscellaneous crafting junk... why?

Because Target actually used to sell that stuff.....my mom still has a few things with Target tickets on them including a pattern book and some ugly yarn.

My personal believe is, jeans, and pants deserve there own separate wash, in COLD water. As long as there not stained heavily, they'll come out clean and they'll take much longer to fade.

They're $12 jeggings (a denim spandex blend) lol but they look good faded. None of my blue denim really fades, but I'm not someone who'd care. I wash all of my clothes in warm water but I'll probably switch to cold. I started washing everything on warm when I was ten because I hated taking cold clothes out. Now my washer does cold as the last couple cycles no matter what setting you use so it's pointless. Kinda funny, I've been doing my laundry the same way I did them when I was ten. Then I went to college with a bunch of people who called their parents from the laundry room for help.

I've had a guest ask me weird questions about condoms before...not sure if I want to go into detail but it was weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back