Archived It's getting reallly difficult to maintain the required fast, fun, friendly attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the ETLs at my store are getting discouraged with all of the uncertainty and changes. I really enjoy my job and love my team, but walking in every day feeling like you're waiting for another axe to fall is getting pretty tiresome. If anyone has a pep talk, I'd love to hear it!

Eventually everyone in upper management is going to die. If we're lucky, it will be someday soon.

I don't get this mentality. We have 6 LODs, (4 ETL 1 STL, 2 SRTL) and aside from 2 of them, the other 5 really put in more work than a lot of the team members do. Most of the team members just bide(edit) their time, do as little as possible and watch the clock with little or no regard for what's going on within the store. I think the upper management that actually puts in work does a lot in terms of quality. We have a great Logistics ETL and our backroom Loc accuracy is normally #1 and we are ALWAYS green. he helps out whenever he has time, respects us and as a result we respect him and the store process.

edit - unless by upper management you mean corporate

Last edited:
I'm honestly contemplating quitting. I need the money, but all this fuss and complaining about credit cards from guests is seriously making me reconsider.

On that note, anyone ever work at a certain company that has, ahem, better-than-good "buy"s?

you do not have a choice. it is one of your core roles to be FFF. Our new direction has been to send people home if they are not friendly to guests and the other team members. they weren't kidding :/

I'm honestly contemplating quitting. I need the money, but all this fuss and complaining about credit cards from guests is seriously making me reconsider.

On that note, anyone ever work at a certain company that has, ahem, better-than-good "buy"s?

Yes...it might have been neversaynever but I know for sure it is an active poster.

Yup, I did. Things are different there now than they were when I was there I hear. Depending on the store I'd work for them again. Part-time hours were hard to come by though - 5 hours a week was the amount they'd not tell you you'd get.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, not ure what I can help with - but I can try.

Axes usually fall on the higher ups. I like being BR because I don't have to be as many Fs. Also, the fact that they can't hire anyone that stays for more than a month means plenty of hours especially because I'm the "yes man" and always cave and stay when they ask.

you do not have a choice. it is one of your core roles to be FFF. Our new direction has been to send people home if they are not friendly to guests and the other team members. they weren't kidding :/

Well, after getting info in the mail about not having insurance this year because I'm now considered part time, I'm not feeling very Fast, Fun, or Friendly. I'm feeling like someone just punched me in the stomach.

My perspective on working at Spot: It's a shitty and mostly thankless job. The concept of staying and making it a career is pretty much out, I've seen so many careers ruined at my store. Showing up to work every day is hard enough, much less busting out the FFF...

At my store there's a core group of good employees - TMs, TLs, ETLs, and our stellar STL. 95% of the store shows up and watches the clock, waiting for their shift to be up. Between their punch-in and -out they try to do as little as possible. The other 5% busts their asses because they believe it's what's right, and/or because they want to do something good for their career. Doesn't matter if it's for a promotion in this job or a good reference for the next job, a good worker is a good worker. If I'm working a 12- or 15-hour shift, that group of solid people is the only reason I can stay sane; I have someone to joke with, chat with, someone I know is busting their butt just like me. The other 95% just filters in and out all day long. At the end of the day, the 5%, the good ones are the only reason I can do my job. Those are good people.

Working with people like that makes it possible for me to bust out the FFF when I need to. However, working with people like that and knowing that some of them are about to be axed just kills me. I love my job but hate the company and the economics. More motivation to finish my degree and move on.

FAST - is how quickly the hackers stole Targets credit card information.
FUN - is how Gregg took your health insurance away. Now you will have Fun finding new insurance.
FRIENDLY - is how few guest are shopping these days. Now you can actually talk to each guest, all 4 of them, Oh that was the same guest I asked 4 times, KIHYFS.

Can't remember the last time I heard "fast, fun, and friendly."

lol it's not just the ultra-leftists XD

I've still meet a bunch of liberals who still think that hard-work on a minimum wage job will somehow bring a bright future.

I'm neither left nor right. There are things I believe in doing and things I don't. Maybe that will make my opinion void.

I show up at work every day and work hard. I try my best when I'm at work and try to involve myself in what is going on. I hardly watch the clock, unless we are incredibly slow and caught-up. If there is work to be done, the clock isn't even on my mind until someone tells me to clock out. I don't do this because I think I'm going to become the CEO of Target or any other chain of retail stores. I do this because positivity in your job, and life in general breeds positivity. I have been the one coming into work, bitc*in and moaning about this, that, and the other. I have been the one that comes i knowing nothing special will come out of that day, so I keep my eyes on the clock. I have been in the 95% previously mentioned, and let me tell you it is a whole lot more satisfying at the end of the day when you clock out to know that you were positive, gave your best effort, and did all you could to help your store and team members. It has nothing to do with promotions, it has nothing to do with success, but everything to do with positive energy and how it transfers to every other aspect of your life.

Don't work for Target, work for you.

You mean Amazon's show room? :p

Haha, the bb ceo says he killed "showrooming." I'm thinking their new price match policy helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back