Archived It's over everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got through another Thanksgiving, another Black Friday and all the hell it brought. Everyone take a breather and pat yourself on the back. If you are still with us and are already dreading next year, good for you! Be proud! If you decided that you had it and quit, well we can't fault you, best wishes!

Yeah Christmas is still ahead but the absolute worst of the worst is over.

Till next year!

We made it. even though I managed to piss off about 3 people. it was 5am and they were super annoying .

Thanksgiving and Black Friday were a breeze. Our store ran like clockwork Thursday. It was easy even though we were jam packed. In fact, I kept waiting for a meteor to crash through the roof or a tidal wave but damn, there was no disaster and I didn't get aggravated at one person.

Friday was good too, just nonstop balls to the wall.

I could use a spa day to recover but really, we had a fantastic team.

And yeah, I'd rather do this time of year than back to school. That's the worst!

Flow team left most of a double truck for us to push. So no one is getting anything done. Guests are pissed off, we are pissed off. And the one seasonal tm who is useless beyond useless is still here and making it hell for everyone.

I am frustrated and very pissed off.

On the contrary, it's only just beginning. Black Friday usually isn't the worst day believe it or not because it's about the only day of the year when the store is actually well staffed. Like really well staffed. Being busy ain't no thing when we have the staff to handle it. It's when we're understaffed that shit goes downhill.

Of course you still have Sunday & Monday with the 15% discount. My whole family's gonna be there that day lol.

As a person on instocks I can somewhat agree. Leading up to black friday we are jammed with work trying to fill the floor, and the week after we are jammed trying to replenish after black Friday.

I would have loved to fill the floor today but with backstock that isn't even close to being done and now a truck behind in push and two trucks behind in backstock filling the floor is a fantasy. Playing catch up like a mother fucker. I pushed the truck all day, all damn day.. Every Rig - skipped cause none of the backstock is done.

I had 4 pallets of toys from the truck & marked for backstock. 2 pallets went out after I did some freight diving with my Etl. Included outs on the floor. What the heck?

I would have loved to fill the floor today but with backstock that isn't even close to being done and now a truck behind in push and two trucks behind in backstock filling the floor is a fantasy. Playing catch up like a mother fucker. I pushed the truck all day, all damn day.. Every Rig - skipped cause none of the backstock is done.
Super impressed with my backroom team, they had it cleared almost the entire time. My stl was constantly dropping autofills to keep the floor full Wednesday through Thursday and then once more mid day Friday. They kept up with the pulls and handled the backstock really well. Truck team handled an almost 5k double truck on Wednesday like Champs. Super happy with the way logistics was run this year, all around excellent black friday.

Super impressed with my backroom team, they had it cleared almost the entire time. My stl was constantly dropping autofills to keep the floor full Wednesday through Thursday and then once more mid day Friday. They kept up with the pulls and handled the backstock really well. Truck team handled an almost 5k double truck on Wednesday like Champs. Super happy with the way logistics was run this year, all around excellent black friday.
We must be at the same store csuse that's exactly how my store ran.

Wow, all of your guys' stores are different from mine, we're dead after Thursday and Friday lol

On the contrary, it's only just beginning. Black Friday usually isn't the worst day believe it or not because it's about the only day of the year when the store is actually well staffed. Like really well staffed. Being busy ain't no thing when we have the staff to handle it. It's when we're understaffed that shit goes downhill.

Of course you still have Sunday & Monday with the 15% discount. My whole family's gonna be there that day lol.

So true, we def werent understaffed Thursday night. I believe our highest forecast is the days leading up to Christmas.

That was how it was supposed to go. But leadership did not dictate who had equipment on Thursday so people who knew how to fill or should have filled didn't have equipment to do it. The set up team basically waited until Wednesday night to set the floor and pull the shippers out so any freight got left for later. That also happened that one double trailer was late really late like 4am when most of the crew had already gone home, so they got behind and no containers so there is shit everywhere and nowhere to put it now. Vehicles are full and floating most aisles of the main are just blocked up and we have a small stockroom for our volume maybe a c volume backroom for a AA sales volume. There is shit everywhere.

I was going to say, "Shit's just getting started at my store."

Tons of trucks still rolling in, and lots of back stock is arriving that will eventually go clearance. We typically get pallets of toys, plastics, Seasonal, Holiday Candy, etc.

Toys will pretty much be chaos the next 4 weeks with a shitty zone, and the same "push all" attitude that made a mess in shoes (aka, no backstock & bad zone = MESS.)

I was dreading the thursday and friday being a new TM but it went very smoothly. Guests were sent to separate registers one by one in controlled manner. All the TLs were very helpful whenever I had any questions.

Today, we did have some pissed off people over the 50 dollars off with purchase of 100 dollars or more WONDERSHOP items.

Monday morning is going to be the worst of it for me. I can feel it already.

Electronics recovery and putting everything back to POG would be a chore on its own, but that on top of a 15% storewide?

Thanks Brian Cornell, thanks Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back