Archived It's Remodeling Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learned last night our store is now scheduled for a remodel. First up will be market and the check lanes area nearest and will be receiving that Whole Foods-style look followed by the other areas to achieve that same wide aisle, "come-chillax-wit-us", "we wahn yo money but need to look a bit upity" feeling. Apparently they will be going in stages so as not to close the entire store down for the process which can be easily accomplished due to our particular layout.

New security cameras, new devices (Zebras), new Zebra printers (1st one came in yesterday), new backroom fill group home locations and profiles, new E2E processes, new district/group/region and the BPs that go along with that and now a new look to the 'ole gal.

Anyone else going through this, too? Your experience?

Someone involved in our remodel left out shelving and it rained. So those shelves we're completely unusable. I find that kind of hilarious.

But yeah, they've been remodeling at my store for quite some time now. It's a little frustrating to say the least.

I am in the last week of A&A 2.0 Pilot (All of Softlines), and Home Innovation, I am Signing for both remodels, as well as regular Store transitions (Keep in mind it is also BTC/BTS (my store is a Super Freaky BTC). We have a Huge overnight team of 7-8 people (lol). This Remodel is an absolute nightmare, (Holy Fuck am I behind) and it doesn't get worse than this.

Yours should be easier, (I went through E&E, Optical, Self Checkout last year, and this is 7-8x the scale). I could give better pointers if you gave us your position at Target however.

Lucky for me, we got the same General Contractor who did our same remodel last year, he was approachable, and said yes every time I had to store something in a trailer. Great guy, wish I could let Target Corp know that.

I was remember being in a high volume store during one of the first p-fresh remodels. THAT was hilarious. Sounds like the grocery remodels now are changing even more, so I expect it'll be super fun.

Yes, from what I understand it will be a Spot-branded, Whole Foods rip off look. Meh ...

yes, ours starts on July 31st. first up Market and pfresh for 5 weeks of remodel.
Should be done by labor day, hope no kids starting school around August 21st, want any lunch meat, yogurts, fruit or any food for their lunches cause that's not gonna happen with the remodel.
The trailers 4 to 6 will start rolling into the parking lot this week.

then we will get an optical that was pushed back a couple of weeks, due to another store being held up due to some local laws.

yes, ours starts on July 31st. first up Market and pfresh for 5 weeks of remodel.
Should be done by labor day, hope no kids starting school around August 21st, want any lunch meat, yogurts, fruit or any food for their lunches cause that's not gonna happen with the remodel.
The trailers 4 to 6 will start rolling into the parking lot this week.

then we will get an optical that was pushed back a couple of weeks, due to another store being held up due to some local laws.

4-6 Trailers? that doesn't sound that bad, the one I am in now we have 14-16 Trailers.

Our General Contractor, pretty much let the cat out of the bag that we will be getting this same remodel you mention next year. (as it is the only one left that I know of, that we don't have). Any tips will be appreciated. (If you aren't A&A 2.0 and Home Innovation, run for the hills).

Here are some pictures from a remodel store done this month, in my district. With overhead music.
Was in a local store that had that layout, it's scarily similar in some areas and completely ass backwards in others. The lights were extremely dark as well, it was weird.

I'm currently in the midst remodel similar to the one Hardlinesmaster posted pics of. It's a full store remodel. Feel free to ask questions.
As of this week we have moved/set
all of Hardlines, minus Stationary (next week). Baby and NIT is moving this week.

I really want to see what's behind GS like I keep seeing the front and it looks amazing but you don't get the TM view from any of the pictures

I really want to see what's behind GS like I keep seeing the front and it looks amazing but you don't get the TM view from any of the pictures
Behind guest service is a number of shelves, similar to your backroom shelving, used to store in-store pick up. Paint is similar to the office paint you see near HR. Ours is currently a mess as Kodak hasn't come to set up our photo lab, will take a picture when they have finished later this week.

Last edited:
We are in our last week of remodel, started beginning of April. We set aisles without having EVERYTHING on the line listing for the POG so it was double work. It was a hot mess in the making: aisles and departments moved everyday, some departments were split and aisles were on opposite ends of the store, guests couldn't find anything, no one except the remodel team knew where anything was, fixtures all over the floor, contractor tools on endcaps. I remember once when the temporary fitting room was put up and it was closed off because there were fixtures on the floor. Once the store opened, we found a guest trying on a dress while the nails and fixtures were still there. A nail went through her foot. :eek:

In any case, if it went anything like ours did, expect to miss sales more often thN not and hours to drop as a result. Join the remodel team if you can for consistent hours.

We are in our last week of remodel, started beginning of April. We set aisles without having EVERYTHING on the line listing for the POG so it was double work. It was a hot mess in the making: aisles and departments moved everyday, some departments were split and aisles were on opposite ends of the store, guests couldn't find anything, no one except the remodel team knew where anything was, fixtures all over the floor, contractor tools on endcaps. I remember once when the temporary fitting room was put up and it was closed off because there were fixtures on the floor. Once the store opened, we found a guest trying on a dress while the nails and fixtures were still there. A nail went through her foot. :eek:

In any case, if it went anything like ours did, expect to miss sales more often thN not and hours to drop as a result. Join the remodel team if you can for consistent hours.

Yeah she kinda deserved that like wtf do you not see the mess

We haven't gotten a full remodel or don't foresee one coming but seen improvements like painted building from brownish color to grayish colors, finally getting SCO and now have LED

Was in a local store that had that layout, it's scarily similar in some areas and completely ass backwards in others. The lights were extremely dark as well, it was weird.

Was it for the energy conservation or are their lights always dim? My store's go dim on really hot days to conserve energy.

Was it for the energy conservation or are their lights always dim? My store's go dim on really hot days to conserve energy.
Don't know, not a store I've been to before. It was just really dark and it wasn't even hot yesterday.

Here are some pictures from a remodel store done this month, in my district. With overhead music.
Our store already looks quite similar to these pics with the exception of the solid color walls and our Market area: our walls have the Spot logo splattered on them. Of course, we are an odd duck. From what I was told earlier today, softlines fixtures will be reorientated meaning, I think, to go on the bias. Makes sense as we would keep the same amount of sell area while allowing wider paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back