• Thread starter Ludwig3
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Ludwig3

I've actually been wondering this for a while now. Did Target do away with this area? Our store's Jewelry area has been abounded for some time now, as in empty registers, empty boat. It kinda looks funny just sitting there unused. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Some stores stop selling jewelry & watch batteries. There is usually a big spot logo all over the glass. My store still has it & does well in sales.

New stores don't get a boat at all. Theres just a bunch of small tables with jewelry trees and bins sitting on them. My store, P01, still has the boat but they took everything out of it, frosted the glass, and put less expensive jewelry on top of it in bins and hanging on trees. It still has a register though.

We stopped replacing watch batteries, theres a small sign that says something about how we no longer offer that service. I say its probably a liability issue just like cashiers are not supposed to touch a guests phone if they have mobile coupons.

Last edited:
Yep our store was a pilot store for the removal of the jewelry boat. Now we have a couple lighted table like fixtures that guests are free to browse through.

We still have the boat. All the glass is frosted and jewelry on top, even has the register still. We pretty much don't use the register all year except for Black Friday, then it ends up being really nice having that one extra "lane" to use.

When they did the remodel we asked about getting rid of the boat because it seems like we get the call for someone from softlines with jewelry keys every half hour or so.
The ETL said that the stores that went to the tables had a 20% increase in product loss.
I don't know how true that is but we still have the boat and register that probably will only be used like the Mules, on Black Friday.

We still have the old jewelry boat. Looks ugly and outdated. Wish we could get rid of it.

My store still has the boat, but we got rid of the register when we got new registers earlier this year.

My store still has the boat, but we got rid of the register when we got new registers earlier this year.

Hmm that's odd. We also recieved new registers earlier this year but we kept the jewelery register. I don't know why though because like a few others already stated its only used on black Friday or in cases of extreme backup.

It's a waste of space to tell you the truth most stores in my district don't have anyone schedule in the boat to begin with.

My store uses the Jewelry boat as a "GSTL Boat" It works out well, we keep most of our things like sales update sheets and a phone and such there. Having the register is nice to look at sales and ring up guests that need some help over in Jewelry. I really think it ought to stay there, I don't like the scattered tables. If only I could move the cash advance drawer over there it would work out really well for me.

My store uses the Jewelry boat as a "GSTL Boat" It works out well, we keep most of our things like sales update sheets and a phone and such there. Having the register is nice to look at sales and ring up guests that need some help over in Jewelry. I really think it ought to stay there, I don't like the scattered tables. If only I could move the cash advance drawer over there it would work out really well for me.

But that would make too much sense! LOL I know what you mean, I always feel kind of nervous opening up that drawer to get change with guests basically right there watching me. It would only take a second for someone who knew what they were doing to grab the money and run.

Our jewelry boat is a sad abandoned ship. The register looks so weird just sitting there. We've pretty much turned it into the GSTL boat recently though, ever since our STL through a hissy fit about a cashier seeing the break schedule. Woop-de-doo!!

Our jewelry boat is a sad abandoned ship. The register looks so weird just sitting there. We've pretty much turned it into the GSTL boat recently though, ever since our STL through a hissy fit about a cashier seeing the break schedule. Woop-de-doo!!

Strange, you must be low volume... At my store we have a little closet where we post the register assignments and break schedule every day so they know where to go and when their breaks are.

Are you saying that your store has no watches at all or jewelry on the wall anymore?

My store doesn't do the watch batteries anymore either and there is no TM regularly assigned to the boat but they still have watches
and a jewelry wall as well as all of the regular accessories - belts purses umbrellas sunglasses.

Strange, you must be low volume... At my store we have a little closet where we post the register assignments and break schedule every day so they know where to go and when their breaks are.

We're probably low volume anyways, but the thing that has a bigger influence than the volume is our jackass store team lead. We used to have the clipboard with register assignments and break schedules up by photo (photo is straight infront of the front lanes), but one day the STL saw a cashier stop for literally a second to look at the clipboard on her way to break (I'm assuming to see when her next break was) and he flipped out. Now we have to keep it either at the service desk or the jewelry boat... somewhere so cashiers cannot see it. :boredom:

ever since our STL through a hissy fit about a cashier seeing the break schedule. Woop-de-doo!!

At my store, our GSTLs actually encourage us to look at the clipboard to see when our breaks are and whether or not we need to cover a break (Guest Service, Food Ave., etc.). Though we used to have a GSTL who yelled at me for looking at the break schedule once. She said she would tell me when my breaks were, but........she didn't. Needless to say, I'm quite happy that she is the Starbucks TL now.

The store I worked at had a remodel but kept the P01 boat and got a new register for it despite it never being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back