Archived Just found out a person on his final warning last year got an O and a .48 cent raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has been working for Target for 6 years. He NEVER wants to stay late to help the team finish up the backstock from the truck. He complains and whines and has been coached for not being flexible. However he is buddy-buddy with the Team Leader who wrote his review. Does that seem fair to you guys?

either the final warning expired, or he might be lying. Don't worry about him - it doesn't really matter, does it?

No, the final warning was not expired when the review was written. I am not concerned about "him". I am concerned about the ethics and integrity of Team Leaders basing reviews as popularity contests and not the work that was done.

Either way, holy sh*t. I wouldn't have pulled as many NCNS as I did if I got a .48 raise at my annual review lol.

Log in with his TM number and LOC like crazy. Make him enjoy that .48 cent raise!

It's not the TLs who should be "blamed" especially when it comes to giving out O's. My store gave out 1 O each of the last 2 years. The ETLs pretty much have full say on what review score you get, there can only be so many O, EX, etc they have to match the raises to the budget given.

Over the years I've had many TL tell me they wrote my review, turned it in and then had to give me a lower score due to the ETLs say so. It's always fun seeing a review with all EXs, but getting an E or IE overall.

Over the years I've had many TL tell me they wrote my review, turned it in and then had to give me a lower score due to the ETLs say so. It's always fun seeing a review with all EXs, but getting an E or IE overall.

My former ETL did this last year. He basically had to scrap the bottom to find something to keep me average. He settled on saying I need to do a better job of making sure the floor is clean (Yes, really). I understand every TM can't get a nice .50 raise but come on.

I at least had a say in what our TM's scores were -- although for some reason the idea of rating someone BEFORE even writing a review is kind of strange, but I digress. The question I have is how did you find out about this? Review scores and pay raises SHOULD be confidential, and if your TL or ETL is sharing that information with you they can be held accountable for it. If you heard it from the person in question -- just disregard it and concentrate on your own job and its progress. I don't mean to sound harsh but stuff like that can only lead to drama among the team, and this is not the time of year you want that.

My former ETL did this last year. He basically had to scrap the bottom to find something to keep me average. He settled on saying I need to do a better job of making sure the floor is clean (Yes, really). I understand every TM can't get a nice .50 raise but come on.

Mine scrapped the bottom for me as well "You need to do better answering call boxes" to which I responded "If a call box goes off, I'm the first to respond. If I can't get it and know someone who should be in the area I'll ask if they can get it. And worst case scenario, at the 15 seconds mark, I'll run to grab it." That's especially hard in a 2-floor store. They said I needed to do more. Claimed I didn't backup enough "Ask any of the GSes, I back up before they even think about asking." There's a reason about half of the GTCs I get come from backing up.

Finally an ETL told me I need to be more FFF. I asked if she could cite a time when I wasn't. She couldn't, but concluded "It's impossible to be FFF all the time, so there has to be a time when you weren't." Somewhat ironically, after that review, I was the most pissed off I'd ever been on the SF, but I had a trainee scheduled, and I did a fine job training her and showing the ropes while being, you guessed it, FFF.

Mine scrapped the bottom for me as well "You need to do better answering call boxes" to which I responded "If a call box goes off, I'm the first to respond. If I can't get it and know someone who should be in the area I'll ask if they can get it. And worst case scenario, at the 15 seconds mark, I'll run to grab it." That's especially hard in a 2-floor store. They said I needed to do more. Claimed I didn't backup enough "Ask any of the GSes, I back up before they even think about asking." There's a reason about half of the GTCs I get come from backing up.

Finally an ETL told me I need to be more FFF. I asked if she could cite a time when I wasn't. She couldn't, but concluded "It's impossible to be FFF all the time, so there has to be a time when you weren't." Somewhat ironically, after that review, I was the most pissed off I'd ever been on the SF, but I had a trainee scheduled, and I did a fine job training her and showing the ropes while being, you guessed it, FFF.

For a company that donates millions of dollars to schools and the community a week (and i am ALL for charity) How about you they take care of their very own employees. The ones that are on the front lines of making this company billions.

I love during review time, they praise the hell out of you, youre one our very best workers, we're so glad to have you, but we have to S you down some how, so lets go with you dont write enough GTC's. Meanwhile i havent received one from my 2 execs or TL in about 8months, maybe more. I dont care whether i get them or not, I know i bust my butt every night, but if we're gonna hold a mere cents back from me because of it, then please, lead by example.

For the tm who got an "o" with a raise & being on a final. I think it is not the truth. Hopefully, he is on the way out.

If the info is coming from the team member I would take it with a grain of salt. If I am not mistaken someone on a final isn't even eligible for a raise until the corrective action has expired. It has been my experience that team members on corrective action are not the most reliable sources of info. What do they care if the stretch the truth to someone else? But regardless, what someone else gets on their review has no impact on you or your performance. Do your job, do it well. If I do that I can live with myself. If I feel I am not being recognized or compensated fairly I will leave because I am in control of my happiness and well being.

No, the final warning was not expired when the review was written. I am not concerned about "him". I am concerned about the ethics and integrity of Team Leaders basing reviews as popularity contests and not the work that was done.

I doubt that his review was so stunning - HR is crazy about that kind of thing, and all reviews get approved through either your ETL or the ETL-HR.

I totally believe it. My old store, one of the poor performers was "buddy-buddy" with an ETL! So he pretty much did whatever he wanted. As soon as the ETL got fired, so did he. haha.

If the info is coming from the team member I would take it with a grain of salt. If I am not mistaken someone on a final isn't even eligible for a raise until the corrective action has expired. It has been my experience that team members on corrective action are not the most reliable sources of info. What do they care if the stretch the truth to someone else? But regardless, what someone else gets on their review has no impact on you or your performance. Do your job, do it well. If I do that I can live with myself. If I feel I am not being recognized or compensated fairly I will leave because I am in control of my happiness and well being.

A few people at my store who all got on a final at the same time last year received their reviews and raises about 7 months into the final... one got $0.04, another $0.05, and another $0.02.

For a company that donates millions of dollars to schools and the community a week (and i am ALL for charity) How about you they take care of their very own employees. The ones that are on the front lines of making this company billions.

I love during review time, they praise the hell out of you, youre one our very best workers, we're so glad to have you, but we have to S you down some how, so lets go with you dont write enough GTC's. Meanwhile i havent received one from my 2 execs or TL in about 8months, maybe more. I dont care whether i get them or not, I know i bust my butt every night, but if we're gonna hold a mere cents back from me because of it, then please, lead by example.

I never thought about the charity aspect before. I'll probably snicker next time I see one of those cheesy promo posters "Target donates X every week".

I share the same feelings. I walk out every day knowing I didn't half ass my job.

A former TM we had in receiving was borderline final warning, he said he missed his alarm all those mornings (yet reeked of whiskey every time he spoke). Once again he was buddies with our former ETL, Mr.Whiskey got a .50 cent raise and the ETL even offered to pay his cab fair if he could fill in for shifts. Must be nice to be extra compensated for coming to work. I on the other hand got .05 cents, was told to clean the floor better and only called out ONE time.

wow...thats so crazy,,,what a joke, a 2 cent raise?? is this for real?

i make $12 an hour, i was expecting atleast a 50 cent raise after my first year. i guess i'm supposed to be excited if it's even half that?

good lord....

this is exactly what held me back...those stupid GTC...I had another issue that I had to talk to my ETL the next week and asked if he had heard me praising and making sure my co-workers had recognition. He said yes, you are great at it. Then why did I get dinged for it? "I don't know" GEESH!!

this is exactly what held me back...those stupid GTC...I had another issue that I had to talk to my ETL the next week and asked if he had heard me praising and making sure my co-workers had recognition. He said yes, you are great at it. Then why did I get dinged for it? "I don't know" GEESH!!

stupid ass GTC cards :/ i got dinged for that too, i just tell whoever helps me "thanks" being forced to write em kinda defeats the whole point of them

I got dinged for the same thing.
So I went into the basket of unsorted gtcs that they pull off the wall each month and then never pass out'
I found and pulled about a dozen that I'd written for people on the adset team.
They never changed my score.

Last edited:
I got dinged for the same thing.
Then I went into the basket of unsorted gtc that they pull off the wall each month and never get passed out and pulled out at about a dozen I'd written for people on the adset team.
The never changed my score.
I write them for my ad set team all the time. Without them, our ad could not be done on time.

I hate gtc. Waste of time imho. Who even looks at those silly things? Most of the time, they are written just to get a quota of writing cards.

If someone helps me, I tell them how much I appreciate it AT the moment it is happening, its just common courtesy. If I see someone who is amazing at guest service, I tell them they are amazing. Its simple communication with your peers.

This thing about sitting in an office writing out cards and then handing them out is just a waste of time.

I hate gtc. Waste of time imho. Who even looks at those silly things? Most of the time, they are written just to get a quota of writing cards.

If someone helps me, I tell them how much I appreciate it AT the moment it is happening, its just common courtesy. If I see someone who is amazing at guest service, I tell them they are amazing. Its simple communication with your peers.

This thing about sitting in an office writing out cards and then handing them out is just a waste of time.

Ok this is goin to sound cheesy but I actually read mine when I'm having a rough day at work either picking up slack for other tls or just the sl floor pad is a disaster not all of them are super uplifting the thanks for calling out the spill ones are boring but the thanks for you continuous effort in sl from my dtl is a good on so is the rtw is #1 in comp sales because of you from my stl sometimes they are encouraging...

Some of my etls will take time to write meaningful ones. This one etl draws pictures on them (at home) she loves spot a lot lol

The rare occasions I got a GTC, I'd steal it from the board if it was truly sincere. The generic blah-blah ones I never got so I didn't have to worry about them.

Funny part is, in my three years there, I've probably only written about 10 GTCs, 9 of which were ironic and jokey. I somehow always get an E in that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back