Just got fired from Target after 7 weeks.

I just got fired from Target for theft. Yeah ik I'm stupid. My question is not about me but my accomplice. I know I have to face consequences now and well, sitting in the office with my HR and 2 APs was extremely embarrassing as well as the extreme amount of money I owe, just a little over 800. Anyways, my accomplice worked at another Target and they've never done anything bad at their job, he's a great worker and wouldn't of done anything if I hadn't told him. I manipulated them into helping me and they were able to track him down with his TM ID discount. They know what location he works at and said they'd be contacting his Target so that they could deal with him. Are they allowed to do this??? He's worked at his Target for a little over a year and he's being doing so great. I take full responsibility and ik I was a very bad influence. I don't want him to get fired for something I basically made him do. Everything stolen was for me and he just payed for me. How is it fair that if he wouldn't have put hi TM discount or worked at a freaken Walmart then he would of never been investigated. I'm already paying for the consequences I caused upon myself, why does he have be punished for my stupidity.

You fucked your friend over.
It's that simple.
They are going to fire him and it's your fault.
Take responsibility for it and never do something like that again.
Apologize to him and do everything you can to make it up to him, though I'm not completely sure how.

It's really easy to say you feel bad but those are just fucking words.
Now you have to live up to them.
Now you have to fix this.
You screwed up his life for a few bucks.
It might seem like a lot of money but it really isn't compared to how bad you managed to fuck things up for your friend.

So yes, Target can do whatever they want in this case.
He is toast.
He was stupid to go along with you and now you need to do something about it.

And if you want to get mad at me for anything I said here look at the words under my name.

Also everybody else, it's fine to to tell them that they did something wrong but lets not get into it with each other or call them names.

Or else.

425.gif

Your friend is your accomplice and he is going to be held accountable for it. Can Target do this? Yes, they can and they will. As Yetive said above, he has free will and chose to be involved. He did not have to be involved in this no matter how much you tried to manipulate him. You may have done the planning, but he helped with the execution and is equally guilty. Just saying, but with all of the AP, computers and cameras at Spot, there is no beating the system, period. They may let you run up the total while they’re building their case, but they will get you in the end...

You fucked your friend over.
It's that simple.
They are going to fire him and it's your fault.
Take responsibility for it and never do something like that again.
Apologize to him and do everything you can to make it up to him, though I'm not completely sure how.

It's really easy to say you feel bad but those are just fucking words.
Now you have to live up to them.
Now you have to fix this.
You screwed up his life for a few bucks.
It might seem like a lot of money but it really isn't compared to how bad you managed to fuck things up for your friend.

So yes, Target can do whatever they want in this case.
He is toast.
He was stupid to go along with you and now you need to do something about it.

And if you want to get mad at me for anything I said here look at the words under my name.

Also everybody else, it's fine to to tell them that they did something wrong but lets not get into it with each other or call them names.

Or else.

425.gif
So Holy, very Holy.

I hope you learn from this and stop stealing. Being a good worker doesn't outweigh stupid decisions. They will not keep him because he works hard. My store just lost 2 people that everyone liked and they did their jobs well, but they made some bad choices though and got canned.

AP will get your friend. It may or may not be next week. He should start job hunting.

I have seen TMs get fired for hiding in the backroom, taking abnormal long personal calls while on clock, joy ridding the cart pusher, stealing money, stealing merch, stealing food...AP is watching you.

Yeah, what everyone else said. You can try taking all the blame, but odds are they won't believe you. Or care.

Well good luck trying to find a job with theft on record. Maybe you will be lucky if they don't press charges that it won't show up on a background check. Your friend is also screwed too. I hope it was worth screwing you and your friend.

I try my best to put on ✨a show✨ for ap every day. Whether I bust my ass in the backroom, climb to the top shelves to grab a box and wave hello or make a funny face in for the cameras, play pretend 007 when I find a new camera and act like I’m catching bad guys, etc I always hope they see me and appreciate me as much as I appreciate them😌. Now the real question is: do those cameras have audio, and if they do, did they hear me singing harry styles in the back😳

I try my best to put on ✨a show✨ for ap every day. Whether I bust my ass in the backroom, climb to the top shelves to grab a box and wave hello or make a funny face in for the cameras, play pretend 007 when I find a new camera and act like I’m catching bad guys, etc I always hope they see me and appreciate me as much as I appreciate them😌. Now the real question is: do those cameras have audio, and if they do, did they hear me singing harry styles in the back😳
I like how you act like a complete dork in front of the camera but, your main concern is whether or not they can hear you singing in the back, haha.

I had a good relationship with my AP too, and I sung Iron Maiden songs in front of them in the backroom with pride. They would go upstairs to check the electronics backstock, and I would have my speaker goong off, and a coworker and I would hit very high and very off key notes while backstocking. They would always walk by laughing.

You are at the age where you are building your character. Do you know what that means? You are your actions. So now you are a thief. You are thinking hahahaha I got caught oh well. We are thinking you are a complete idiot, you are a thief, you are untrustworthy, you have no morals and your parents did a horrible job. I would not want you around me for fear of your ripping. I wouldn’t trust you in my car to give you a ride or even invite you to a party. You know what else....when something is missing guess who I’m going to think it is.....you, even if you didn’t do it. LOSER!

You are at the age where you are building your character. Do you know what that means? You are your actions. So now you are a thief. You are thinking hahahaha I got caught oh well. We are thinking you are a complete idiot, you are a thief, you are untrustworthy, you have no morals and your parents did a horrible job. I would not want you around me for fear of your ripping. I wouldn’t trust you in my car to give you a ride or even invite you to a party. You know what else....when something is missing guess who I’m going to think it is.....you, even if you didn’t do it. LOSER!
That is unnecessary. The OP has not made excuses for their behavior, they are lamenting the fact that their accomplice will likely be brought down with them when they feel he doesn't deserve it.

That is unnecessary. The OP has not made excuses for their behavior, they are lamenting the fact that their accomplice will likely be brought down with them when they feel he doesn't deserve it
If OP wasn’t caught there would be more people added to the thief group and more and more taken. I think the OP will do it again Because of getting off so easy And soft hearted people letting him know it’s okay. It’s not okay. $800 should of went out the door in cuffs.

The thief should have gone out the door arm in arm with AP and the police. In some states they would get off completely and then get issued a gift card for the dollar amount just under the felony threshold for Walmart.

If OP wasn’t caught there would be more people added to the thief group and more and more taken. I think the OP will do it again Because of getting off so easy And soft hearted people letting him know it’s okay. It’s not okay. $800 should of went out the door in cuffs.
Still no reason to label them a loser, in caps no less. We all make mistakes.

There's a difference between stealing from a "faceless" corporation and stealing from friends and family, so to assume that someone who does one will also do the other is reaching.

Also check out Commie's post - he specifically said no name calling.

Last edited:
Back