Just got fired from Target after 7 weeks.

If OP wasn’t caught there would be more people added to the thief group and more and more taken. I think the OP will do it again Because of getting off so easy And soft hearted people letting him know it’s okay. It’s not okay. $800 should of went out the door in cuffs.
Let he without sin cast the first stone.

People can be stupid, get caught unlike many others, and turn their lives around. They can be role models to others, both to not do stupid stuff and how to get back on track if they did do stupid stuff.

Thank goodness. There were quite a few times I got out of earshot for a reason by closing myself in the fitting room closet.

Still no reason to label them a loser, in caps no less. We all make mistakes.

There's a difference between stealing from a "faceless" corporation and stealing from friends and family, so to assume that someone who does one will also do the other is reaching.

Also check out Commie's post - he specifically said no name calling.
There is no difference. Stealing is stealing and a thief is a thief And all this person is going to do is lose unless they change and get that this is wrong. Why are you people making light of it. Making light of it makes it not a big deal. $800. Is a felony is most states. If Target didn’t have a heart this person would be in jail and going through the court. I stand by my comment. Wouldn’t steal from family and friends?????? Ha! OP got the “Friend’ to pay and do the dirty work without getting any benefit at all.

There is no difference. Stealing is stealing and a thief is a thief And all this person is going to do is lose unless they change and get that this is wrong. Why are you people making light of it. Making light of it makes it not a big deal. $800. Is a felony is most states. If Target didn’t have a heart this person would be in jail and going through the court. I stand by my comment. Wouldn’t steal from family and friends?????? Ha! OP got the “Friend’ to pay and do the dirty work without getting any benefit at all.
Did you actually read OP's post? Nowhere did they make excuses or pretend that what they did was not wrong. They expressed concern for the person they cajoled into helping them and said they felt bad that the person was likely going to get fired because of it.

I stand by my reply. Your post was unnecessarily harsh and calling them a "LOSER!" was rude and not necessary.

Ever hear of reform?

Oh, and how many hundreds of dollars worth of fines would you be paying if all the times you speeded or did a rolling stop were caught? Would you wanted to be berated as a potential murderer because speed and rolling stops have gotten many pedestrians killed? Or do you deserve zero scorn because you simply haven't been caught.

This OP had the balls to get on this forum and say "I did it." No 'me and AP are tight' , he did it and accepted punishment. That's a huge, huge leap on the path of reforming.

And where is your acid for the folks at the top that play the numbers to inflate stock values to get richer? Or is white collar theft acceptable to you?

There's a huge difference. Both morally and legally. Intent plays a key role in these types of situations and his intent (warning: assumption) was not to harm individuals, it probably wasn't even to harm Target. Comparing the two is apples to oranges, it's a different moral situation.

That being said he did own the mistake, and his apparent concern for his friend, late though it may be, shows he doesn't entirely lack altrusim.

Failure is the greatest teacher. By reflecting on our mistakes we can grow as individuals.

I always feel like the theft threads go 2 different ways-

- they either realize how dumb they are after posting this
-they don't want to admit they fucked up and fight back when we point it out.

This one went a third way though. OP already knew he fucked up. OP already knew he was dumb. OP spoke of what happened out of concern for the friend he coerced, and wanting to know if there was a way to protect the friend, to say that the friend would have done nothing if not pressured heavily.

The name calling and fighting back and not wanting to admit their viewpoint is so extreme that it's wrong are the regular posters to each other. OP is staying out of that line of fire by not responding to those posts.

Back