Just saw this interesting nugget on a FB page

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKADuchess

BR/Instock TL
Just saw this on a TM/TL rant/confession FB page.

Brace yourselves folks. Monday will reveal monumental changes in target leader structure
* no more flow team
* no backroom leader
* same leader closing Monday through Friday
*No more log leaders
Probably the most earth shattering changes in a very long time...

Haven’t had a BR TL for a while at my store, but this rest of this just seems pretty crazy to me. But interesting if it turns out to be somewhat true.

I thought everyone knew this was the end goal? To basically eliminate logistics and each part of the store is stocked, backstocked, set by it's own team. Unloading turns into pulling pre-wrapped pallets/racks off a truck separated by area of store which teams just pick apart throughout the day. I haven't worked at target for awhile now and that was my impression while talking to my DTL probably like 2 years ago. Same with eliminating the PDAs entirely so it's all on the one system.

I point out how long ago that was because that's how slow this has been moving so who knows when this is coming to a target near you.

Last edited:
This is a pilot test going out to one district in each group I've heard. Basic structural changes I've heard are:

ETL level leader over apparel, cosmetic and electronics areas to focus on selling and developing expert team members.

ETL level leader over front end and service standards in remainder of hardlines.

ETL level leader over back of house including logistics, fulfillment and operations.

SrTL closing leader closes store mon-fri and doesn't work weekends.

STL becomes store director and is LOD basically whenever they are in the building.

HR and AP remain basically the same.

This breakout was based of A-B level stores so may be different in other volumes.

I heard major change to Hardlines in 2019. E2E would be a colossal failure.

I heard major change to Hardlines in 2019. E2E would be a colossal failure.

I knew there was big meetings this week and when I asked today about it I got “no big news for now, but big things for 2019”

I heard something when some of the LODs were talking...-about volunteering for the mid shifts and wondered what that meant.

That’s what that big meeting including Dtl and other STLs in our break room was about. They were there for about 4 hours this morning Called it some soft lines training I knew that was bullshit.

Last edited:
I'd hope that the Sr that gets to close 5 nights gets some kind of pay incentive to do so. Or for that matter, some choice in having to do it.

So I just became a Flow TL and now I’m out of a job in a year? That’s good to know
Don't hold your breath. Rumors spread, sometimes they're true sometimes not. Usually takes longer to implement than expected. Half the time changes fail & get abandoned. I would volunteer to take some cross training opportunities though, just to be safe.

I'd hope that the Sr that gets to close 5 nights gets some kind of pay incentive to do so. Or for that matter, some choice in having to do it.

I would highly doubt there would be any increase in pay. Not working weekends and a set schedule would be incentive enough. In our meeting today, 3 out of 4 SrTLs basically jumped at the chance if we roll this out. Only one not interested was the father of twin three year old girls.

We tried an only closing SrTL in our district last year. Didn't go very well for us. For our store it only lasted for 3 months. All the ETLs were loving it while it lasted.
As far as eliminating Logistics management I personally don't see it happening. Yes, sf tms are being trained to do more of what was considered br tms role. There is so many other processes that really require a tl or above to oversea.

StTL closing every weeknight is genius. Gives ETLs weeknights off and gives that SrTL weekends (and week mornings) off. If that works for your SrTLs schedule and your ETLs don’t want to work nights...why not???

So, with the stupid and arbitrary expert and enthusiast thing right now, if this were to happen, are you screwed If you're not considered an expert?

Does anyone know if they're making a new position or hiring for the closing SrTL? My store only has two, one of them being me, and I don't want to close every night.

Again, this is only going to work if the modernization is completed at the DC level so stores get product shipped in eaches. We are still getting case packs and the SF and BR are drowning in backstock.

Does anyone know how the conversion of DCs is going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back