Archived Just some newbie concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone! I’m a few weeks in with my new advanture here at Target (if you can call it that). I do have a concern I’d like to address to anyone whose been here for a while or has a more solid understanding of the Target ecosystem lol. First off, I’m apart of the flow team and have been coming in 6-10am for a few weeks and in some cases, I was asked to stay until 12 several times (which I accepted graciously most days when I didn’t have my other job). Next week is my first official “non-training” week and I’m scheduled for almost 40 hours up from 16. I’m not one to hate work, as I very much do not, but I don’t work at Target for more than extra cash since I’m looking to get a house next summer and I own a growing business that I focus on almost everyday, all day, when I get home from Target or have the day off. That being said, I got hired as part time with the average expectation of 20 hours and no more than 30 during busier times (during the interview I stated I could rarely do 40 hour weeks come the holidays, which I’m seasonal and helping out so why not here and there, but only then will I make the exception) they also are well aware of the fact that I work fulltime for myself as my primary source of income. What confuses me even more is I’m scheduled 7-11 as the usual flow TM and then 11-3 (avaivaility is set for no later than 12) for Flexible Fulfillment, which no one else on the schedule is scheduled like that. I’m just confused about this as I’ve never received any training for FF and just have a baseline understanding of what it is since I’ve worked retail before for years. I never see my ETL or TL really, so I’m unsure who to talk to about it and I really don’t wanna come off as that annoying “new guy” complaining about my schedule, but I figured they’d keep that in mind with scheduling since it’s in the system that way and I’ve talked to them about it directly. It’s actually making me lose money since I can’t work more hours doing what I do. Any advice on who I should seek to discuss this with besides TL or ETL will be appreciated! Also, is this common? I’ve worked retail jobs before where they say your availability is fine and have no issue, then you get hir d and suddenly you’re being scheduled during your off times and it makes you look like the back guy for saying you can’t do it.

Do you have open availability?
If not what did you put down as your availability?
If they are scheduling you within your availability, you can talk to your ETL-LOG ( the person that makes the schedule). Since you are under 90 days, you can’t technically change your availability. You can ask nicely, but its at the ETLs discretion.
If however they are scheduling you outside of your availability, then you can tell them not to.

Your post sounds like your availability is set so that you don't work beyond noon. If that's the case and they scheduled you beyond that, let your TL, ETL and HR know asap. Same if you are being scheduled more hours than you listed on your application.

I was being scheduled more than my Max hours and was told by HR that so many different things flag when they're making the schedule, they can't watch them all.

Important you let them know ASAP so the schedule can be fixed.

Yes, it is common to be scheduled outside of your availability, or to have your availability be incorrect in the system.

I would just talk with the HR person to make sure your availability is correct in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back