Archived Kathee Tesija fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathryn A. Tesija, the de facto No. 2 executive at Target Corp. and its chief merchandiser since 2008, is leaving, the company said this morning.

Tesija, 52, is ending a 29-year career with the Minneapolis-based retailer, which portrayed her departure as amicable but reported in a securities filing that she will receive an involuntary severance package, similar to the kind former chief executive Gregg Steinhafel qualified for when he left last year.

It said she will continue to serve as a consultant to the company and receive her current salary along with other incentives until next spring.

http://www.startribune.com/tesija-leaves-as-target-s-top-merchandiser/309793651/

Okay, doesn't say she was fired... but read between the lines.

Tesija has been widely viewed by employees as the keeper of the look and feel of Target stores and style sensibility. As its top merchandiser, she had the final call on what Target sold. In 2012, she also became responsible for managing Target’s supply chain, which means keeping track of suppliers and the systems that monitor the arrival and sale of goods.

We all know how sucky our supply chain is. She's also the one who stopped talking to Steinhafel late in his career. Tina and Jodee need to go next.

Yeah probably the same parachute Steinhafl got. These people tank the company and receive salary and other benefits months after. I don't wish any of those wanks ill but man I hope karma bites em. Had to vent.

so her leaving means no increase in payroll, even with her 29 yrs of salary

Yeah probably the same parachute Steinhafl got. These people tank the company and receive salary and other benefits months after. I don't wish any of those wanks ill but man I hope karma bites em. Had to vent.

Y'know, this new season of Orange is the New Black, prison corporations are a theme, and corporate culture is explored. I don't remember the exact line, but the CEO of the corporation is explaining to his son (who is helping run the prison), how they don't have a long-term plan, that "All we have to worry about is this quarter and the next.", and how all the executives end up just transferring from company to company "like baseball cards".

thelayoff is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite spot

25tyg0h.png

Kathee Tesija's Departure
Kathy is a great general merchandiser and Brian knows grocery. But Brian's strategic future bets are being placed in the grocery business, which is not in Kathy's sweet spot of past successes. With the freeing up of an EVP spot, Brian will fill it with a person who has track record of grocery business success. Kathy's 30 years of service will be richly rewarded... I'm sure a $25+M compensation package will soften the landing.

Anonymous112231

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back