Archived Kronos Swap Shift Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! My store just switched the swap shift board over to kronos! Hardly anyone in my store understands it! Has anyone's else's store switched it? I need help! There's a tab that says "request shift" under the "request cover" and it brings up a bunch of different odd shifts! What exactly does it do? Can I like submit it to pick up one of those on a day off or something!? Any help would be great. Thank you!!

Hi!

It’s confusing. Request to Cover is NOT you requesting to cover someone else’s shift, it’s you requesting SOMEONE ELSE to cover a shift you’re already scheduled for. Posting a shift, if you will.

Request shift is you requesting to “pick up” a shift that’s been posted.

As usual, once you a swap is confirmed, a LOD has to approve it.

Hi!

It’s confusing. Request to Cover is NOT you requesting to cover someone else’s shift, it’s you requesting SOMEONE ELSE to cover a shift you’re already scheduled for. Posting a shift, if you will.

Request shift is you requesting to “pick up” a shift that’s been posted.

When I click the shift request it brings up a bunch of odd shifts. Like in Starbucks (I mainly over there) there's normally only 3 people that work a day. On the request it's odd shifts like 10am-1pm. Idk I just don't understand

When I click the shift request it brings up a bunch of odd shifts. Like in Starbucks (I mainly over there) there's normally only 3 people that work a day. On the request it's odd shifts like 10am-1pm. Idk I just don't understand
Kronos sometimes autogenerates shifts that are weird

The sign went up in TMSC that we're switching to Kronos for shift swaps, but not when. That bit of info would be useful.

I have the app downloaded. No swap functionality in it right now.

I can see my schedule and punches this week. There also appears to be a way to add punches.

But no swaps.

Oh, I see. It's not new request, just the plus sign, which confused me because if I'm looking for available shifts it's not my request, so I was expecting posted shifts to be in another place.

It's awful, though. There are 5 entries in there for two actual shifts, and you have to click into them and then click the "i" to find out which work center and even then it's nowhere near as user-friendly as Branch.

Feh.

Though it didn't take our new liquor store employees to start requesting shifts--one of the two is a closing liquor store shift two days after it opens. And most TMs wouldn't even be able to take it.

Is there a way to set up notifications of new shifts posted in Kronos? Branch notified automatically unless you turned them off.

Does anyone know why Branch got the boot? I get that the sync-to-schedule system doesn't work, but it was really great for shift swaps.

It would be super awesome if I could actually post a shift to be covered, rather than having the app just spin on me forever.

That would be awesome.

Kronos is the best app. Just the best.

Approval depends on how permissions are set in Kronos. It's technically possible to have approval permissions set up all the way down to the Team Lead level so depending on your store you may be able to have a TL approve a swap in Kronos.

Approval depends on how permissions are set in Kronos. It's technically possible to have approval permissions set up all the way down to the Team Lead level so depending on your store you may be able to have a TL approve a swap in Kronos.
It’s technically possible but I’m pretty sure IRL only LODs can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back